General Last question

treff

I have reverted back to gx3.1 from 4 and the tail problem is cured locks and holds okay BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
now the heli will not lift off without attempting to tip over. I have re-done the pitch set up and I have zero degrees at centre stick with 10 degrees up and down
perfect has I can make it and the helicopter will not lift without tipping. I can not think of anything else. All things look level I have a swash tool now and thats
perfect but when I throttle up the swash is moving on its own. Could it be a vibration problem now. It did not exist when I was using version 4 so I would be surprised if this is the case.
This will be my last question on this helicopter. I am not getting the flight time in on this and it is giving me nothing but frustration so I will be changing brands and buying myself
a Blade 450. They are ready made out of the box so at least I will remember how to use the transmitter again. Any answers appreciated. Cheers

treff

Just an update. Do not bother with replies to my last post. The heli is now in the bin. The end. Cheers

Tony

Staff member
That is the issue with 3.1, it doesn't like to be on the ground with the head at speed. this is the reason I took it off the 600. If you notice in my videos, my 450 wanted to tip just like this and I started lifting off the ground before the head reached it's speed. Sucks though, hope you pull it back out. Get yourself an AR7200BX and call it a day on the 3GX.

So is this the case with all 3gx,s or are people using them and happy with them or should I not even bother with setting mine up and look for something else? It seems that if it was an ongoing problem Align would have resolved or at least be trying to resolve this issue ?

Slobberdog

i had no problems at all with mine on v3.1, but i don't leave mine on the ground sitting around for any time while spooling up, i just get it to mid stick and pop it off the ground, v4 Align know they have issues with but are working at getting v4.x out as soon as poss,

treff

Unfortunately time has run out for my heli. It's away somewhere on a council dump in Mid Wales. I'm not giving up but I am changing brands. I will treat myself to
the blade 450x at Christmas. Out of the box, ready to fly, just the job. Cheers

Graham Lawrie

Just an update. Do not bother with replies to my last post. The heli is now in the bin. The end. Cheers

Fish it out of the bin and send it to me:)

I will look at my threads. I had the same issue with mine and it was doing the same. I will look and PM you treff:)

treff

Unfortunately Graham it's dustbin day today and it as gone to the big open heli port in the sky LOL or has they call it down here "the tip"
I will start afresh in the New Year. Cheers

Lee

Sorry to hear about the issues with that heli Treff.
The 450X with the AR7200X should be a nice model.

treff

Cheers Lee. Yes looking forward to the new heli. If I had kept the old one I would only be spending more money on it to get it to fly properly, so a
clean sweep and start again with something a little better. After reading a lot on the net it seems there are more than a few people that are dissatisfied with the 3gx
It does Align's reputation no good at all bringing something to the market that is not ready and relying on their customer base to sort things out.

Slobberdog

Treff I sure hope you have a lot better enjoyment out of the new venture, man you deserve it, i think you will have a lot better time with the blade, so much better than the clones,

Tony

Staff member
Just an FYI, just because it's stated on the box "RTF", doesn't mean that you cna just charge a battery and go. RTF means everything is there for it to fly. You still , and I highly suggest this, must go through and completely check every screw on this thing and apply thread lock to the ones that go into metal. You must also set the head up completely. Don't skip a step here! I have seen hundreds of members get a "RTF" and just charge a battery and go, just to end up having a screw back out and cause a crash on teh very first flight. Good luck with this new venture.

Graham Lawrie

Unfortunately Graham it's dustbin day today and it as gone to the big open heli port in the sky LOL or has they call it down here "the tip"
I will start afresh in the New Year. Cheers

Wish I was near your tip:) I would have saved her from the bin:(

I wonder how many helis out there have come to the same fate:)

For future reference anyone fed up with them :

PLEASE send free helis and parts to me:)

Tony

Staff member
I have tossed a couple that way myself. They were just that unsafe and it would have cost more money to replace the parts than to just get a whole other kit. Sometimes, you just have to cut your losses and take it as a "lesson learned".

Top Bottom