Just discovered cockpit view in Phoenix4

zenmetsu

OMG, this is so much fun! The infinite landscapes are kinda nice to look at, but flying the helicopters in first person view is a blast.

Tony

Staff member
I don't know about phoenix, but RF had the same thing and we used to have a lot of fun with it. One thing we did was see just how fast we could make a plane (I think I broke 1500mph once) and start skimming the ground dodging trees. Before you know it, you are WAY far away from where you started lol. It's best to do it with a buddy online and see who can go longest without crashing.

I really miss doing that stuff online with others. Just need more money to balance everything lmao.

stokke

What?!? You can sit INSIDE the cockpit on Phoenix? OMG, gotta get myself home and try this :D

zenmetsu

Yeah, you have to have Phoenix 4, and you have to select one of the 3D sceneries, aka Infinityscape.

So much fun buzzing around mountains and trees in a little 250 and hearing the motor screamin. :rotflmao:

- - - Updated - - -

If they added a speedometer and altimeter to Phoenix, it would be nice. Also, it would be nice to have a damage estimate after every crash, telling you what you broke and how much it would be to fix it. :D

Tony

Staff member
haha, that was great. Took forever not only to get up there, but also to get back down to the ground. Wish I still had that sim so we could do that again. It was fun.

Derek

Yeah buddy, this was awesome! I just flew the SAB Goblin 700 in cockpit mode. Just awesome!!! FPV Goblin!!!

Derek

That's odd that you can't find it, BOKI! Are you completely updated to v4.0? When you changed the "Flying Site"...did you go to any of the 3D sites? The way I understand it, you can only get the cockpit mode on the 3D Flying Sites.

Hope this helps!!!

BOKI

Just hooked up Phoenix & found out I was in 2D mode & also found out cockpit only works in the 3D mode ! So I flew in the desert landscape really neat! Just as I got your E-Mail I figured it out! The Goblin 700 is a fancy helicopter & really goes! Thanks for your help! :lol: :twothumbsup: & Merry Christmas!!

Derek

That's cool buddy! I'm glad I was able to help a bit. My wife likes playing around with the Goblin 700 as well. It sure is fun.

Merry Christmas to you and yours!!!

BOKI

You know I got that going & went to the desert scene site & it was great ! Not use to seeing desert here in Illinois its usually green except this year we had a drought! Thanks again & Merry Christmas to You also! Just love this site don't you! :lol: :twothumbsup: Tony a great site owner also! Oh isn't that Goblin 700 a pretty & nice helicopter!

Last edited:

Derek

Yes! I've greatly enjoyed being around the RCH site. I've gotten some great help and several laughs from the members here. So very helpful.

And yes..that Goblin is really fun to fly around. Flying the Goblin 700 on the Phoenix Sim is most likely the ONLY way that I'll be able to fly a Goblin of any size, lol. I really like the Phoenix Sim.

BOKI

You ever saw the Trex -800 with the camera mount in the front it's just huge ! Takes to transmitters to operate it one for the camera & one for the helicopter ! I would love to own a Trex 800 some day but that's a long way off as I am just learning helicopters now! Don't think I would put a big camera mount on it! Just a small one ! :lol: :twothumbsup: The Best!! Oh the Goblin 700 would be nice to own also!

Derek

Yes, I've seen the Trex 800 with the camera mount. Just awesome and very massive!!! It's definitely a long way off for me to own something like that, as well. I'm also still learning to fly my 500. Earlier this year, I did buy a Blade SR. I was never impressed with it. I just couldn't get it dialed in. So what did I do??? I bought the 500, lol. Absolutely love it!

BOKI

The 500 seems to be a pretty nice & stable helicopter & you should have good luck with it & have fun flying it also! :lol: :twothumbsup: Also the Goblin 700 on phoenix is fun to fly in the desert cockpit mode!

Last edited:
Top Bottom