FBL Gyro IKON Servo 1, 2, 3 TRex 500 DFC

pvolcko

Good luck! Where are you mounting the ikon? Keep in mind that the USB port on the unit is opposite the servo plugs and you need a fair bit of space to get the usb cord plugged into it.

I am thinking about mounting it on the left side of the heli with the DSMX mounted above the tail servo or I will mount the IKON under the heli with the sat above the tail servo.. I have seen people that mounted it inside where the 3GX goes but they had to cut the frame and they can only use the bluetooth adapter. I have only been flying 3 months so I am a little worried about damaging the IKON in a crash.

Any suggestion would surely be appreciated...

pvolcko

Inside is the best from a protection standpoint, of course. On the top of the tail box area is usually second. Side would be third choice for protection. If that is your only realistic option, though, I'd suggest putting it up as high as you can and on the left side. This side will get the least potential for impact from a main blade. Height should help protect it from ground contact or getting hit by a broken skid/strut. Hopefully someone with some TRex 250 experience will be able to comment more on if this is a good idea or not on that model heli.

Ken Jackson

I am thinking about mounting it on the left side of the heli with the DSMX mounted above the tail servo or I will mount the IKON under the heli with the sat above the tail servo.. I have seen people that mounted it inside where the 3GX goes but they had to cut the frame and they can only use the bluetooth adapter. I have only been flying 3 months so I am a little worried about damaging the IKON in a crash.

Any suggestion would surely be appreciated...

I put my IKon in with the servo wires facing the motor or front. That leaves plenty of room for the USB to plug in. Not easy to work on but 4 screws and my Gyro tray pulls out.

Sorry so late on the response.

- - - Updated - - -

I also built and installed the bluetooth. If I do any serious bench setup I'll plug in but a quick mode change I'll use the bluetooth.

Ken

Top Bottom