Other IKON or TX

Tony

Staff member
I can't stand W8, nothing but issues. I have a brand new disk here at the house, installed it on my computer, and took ti off the same day. I did everything, installed the hack to get the desktop back and nothing but issues. Programs don't work, things are hard to find, and it seems heavier than W7. Just not worth it to me.

pvolcko

Yeah, unless the ikon software says it's W8 compatible I would revert back to 7. Does the software run? Is it just a connection issue to the ikon? When you installed the software with digital signing turned off, did you run the installer with admin privileges? In W7 there was a right click menu item to run as administrator. MAke sure you use that if available. Haven't run W8 myself so can't be of much help, unfortunately.

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
I can't stand W8, nothing but issues. I have a brand new disk here at the house, installed it on my computer, and took ti off the same day. I did everything, installed the hack to get the desktop back and nothing but issues. Programs don't work, things are hard to find, and it seems heavier than W7. Just not worth it to me.

LOL...it sure is hard to find stuff here. it sucks as for now.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, unless the ikon software says it's W8 compatible I would revert back to 7. Does the software run? Is it just a connection issue to the ikon? When you installed the software with digital signing turned off, did you run the installer with admin privileges? In W7 there was a right click menu item to run as administrator. MAke sure you use that if available. Haven't run W8 myself so can't be of much help, unfortunately.

yes I have done all that. its not W8 compatible, I turned off digital signing and used admin priv and still no luck. Grrrrrrrr! removed software(IKON) then turned of digital signing restarted it and reload ikon and still....WHY ME! LMAO I will get to the bottom of this even if it takes me a twelve pack to do so

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
When you fire up the sofeware. Hook everything up. Did you go into your device manager to see witch com port the ikon was hooked to? If you do not do this step it won't find it on its own. There should be a select com port menu that opens up when you fire up the software. Then you have to find it in your device manager, then select witch com port it's on. Mine hooks up to com port 13.

Tony

Staff member
Okay Tony, go into your x86 Program Files and go to the Ikon program. Open it up and find the file that opens the program. Easiest way to do this is to right click what ever is on your desktop and select Open File Location. In there, right click on the file and select Properties. There should be a compatibility mode in there. Run it on Xp, then try Vista, then try W7 and see if that works. If not, then after you select each compatibility mode, right click the same file and run as administrator. If you don't know, you will right click it and it will be like the second or third link down. But I suspect you know how lol.

the first thing I would do on W8 is to install Classic Shell to bring back the start menu. This will make it more like W7. But, that is if, ahem... IF you can get the ikon program to actually work. rdsok posted some suggestions in the thread that I created. I'm sure it's in the lounge. If you do a search on here for "classic shell" I think you will find the thread when I tried it. I warn you though, I HATED it lmao.

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
Okay Tony, go into your x86 Program Files and go to the Ikon program. Open it up and find the file that opens the program. Easiest way to do this is to right click what ever is on your desktop and select Open File Location. In there, right click on the file and select Properties. There should be a compatibility mode in there. Run it on Xp, then try Vista, then try W7 and see if that works. If not, then after you select each compatibility mode, right click the same file and run as administrator. If you don't know, you will right click it and it will be like the second or third link down. But I suspect you know how lol.

the first thing I would do on W8 is to install Classic Shell to bring back the start menu. This will make it more like W7. But, that is if, ahem... IF you can get the ikon program to actually work. rdsok posted some suggestions in the thread that I created. I'm sure it's in the lounge. If you do a search on here for "classic shell" I think you will find the thread when I tried it. I warn you though, I HATED it lmao.

Don't like the sound of " I HATED IT " LOL. Believe me i tried compatibility mode already and then some. When i get home i will go into device manager and see what the heck is wrong with the drivers. that i haven't tried yet.

canongraphy

Yes I hear no one that likes windows 8 on a computer, its tablet software they released for a desktop way to early in my opinion.
It will get better, but that may be quite awhile. Hope you get it figured out Tony #2 :)

Last edited:

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
Yes I have no one that likes windows 8 on a computer, its tablet software they released for a desktop way to early in my opinion.
It will get better, but that may be quite awhile. Hope you get it figured out Tony #2 :)

LOL..I tried just about everything, except throwing the notebook out the window. Here i am fussing about the IKON and yet to plug in the CC ESC to program. they might be an issue there too. I don't want to plug that in yet and find out it don't work either.:banghead:

- - - Updated - - -

When you fire up the sofeware. Hook everything up. Did you go into your device manager to see witch com port the ikon was hooked to? If you do not do this step it won't find it on its own. There should be a select com port menu that opens up when you fire up the software. Then you have to find it in your device manager, then select witch com port it's on. Mine hooks up to com port 13.

Hmmm! Did I overlook you responce? I will try it tonight. thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Hmmm! Did I overlook you responce? I will try it tonight. thanks

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I back what tony said.. about compatibility mode. But I also want to tell you to add to that, "Run as administrator" .. Even if you are the admin, the permissions might not be installed correctly.

I would actually uninstall again ( i know its painful) and instead of double clicking the setup run the setup file "Run as admin" then when after it installs, put it in compatibility mode, with Win XP or Win 7 .. And It SHOULD .. SHOULD.. :p work :)

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
I back what tony said.. about compatibility mode. But I also want to tell you to add to that, "Run as administrator" .. Even if you are the admin, the permissions might not be installed correctly.

I would actually uninstall again ( i know its painful) and instead of double clicking the setup run the setup file "Run as admin" then when after it installs, put it in compatibility mode, with Win XP or Win 7 .. And It SHOULD .. SHOULD.. :p work :)

Are you kidding me! I finally got it to work.:yahoo: It was the worst and dumbest step I have ever encountered.

Steps:
1. Disable driver signing, computer will restart.
2. Plug in IKON from bird to computer and then power up HELI.
3. Load IKON from web site and install.
4. Click on IKON's icon on desktop. it will prompt you to load new software.
5. On device manager locate the IKON device and update drivers, from there a pop up window will ask if you will like to install drivers from an untrusted
site.... DUH! click yes
6. Booyah! you are now able to program.

All this just to get my IKON to work on "Windows Hate ".... oops! I mean windows 8

:chickendance: :huepfenicon111:

Last edited:

BOKI

Island Breeze; Good luck with your new radio ! Our weather has really been bad since winter! Never really calmed down yet ! Good luck flying!

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
Island Breeze; Good luck with your new radio ! Our weather has really been bad since winter! Never really calmed down yet ! Good luck flying!

Thanks BOKI...living on island is great. We have two seasons, HOT and RAIN. LOL Really!

Top Bottom