Other IKON or TX

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
Alright gent's, here it is. I currently have the IKON installed on my PROTOS 500 and have put a dozen or so flight's on it with no issues but just the other day when flying I get tail wag, not that bad but it was there, i mean why after 12 or so flights will it do this. :confused1:

Lee

Was there any change in the wind? Were you flying faster? These things will push the tail gain over the edge. I was flying my 600 the other day, many flights with no issue, then i started getting a bit faster in my funnels, and the wind was a bit stronger, and bam!!! tail wag. Dropped the gain down and all worked perfectly again.

Westy

LEGEND
I run 2 gain settings on my 600 ... high for normal mode and about 5% lower for fast flight ... seems to work well

Lee

What he is saying is, on the gyro gain switch he has two gains set. For example 65% and 60%. For just hovering around, he has it on 65%, but if the wind increases or he starts to throw it around a bit more, he flips the switch to 60%. :)

Westy

LEGEND
yes that is correct lee :) I have it set on flight mode so that when I switch to ID1 or 2 it goes to one of my set gain setups it is also good for initial testing of gain ... you can put in 2 settings 5 - 10% apart and match your ID1 and Nor pitch and throttle curves and simply flick the switch mid flight and see what happens ...

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
yes that is correct lee :) I have it set on flight mode so that when I switch to ID1 or 2 it goes to one of my set gain setups it is also good for initial testing of gain ... you can put in 2 settings 5 - 10% apart and match your ID1 and Nor pitch and throttle curves and simply flick the switch mid flight and see what happens ...

I have it set on my flight mode switch also. but on my normal 0 I am at 61% and in ID1 it is the same. If I go to the 50% range on ID1 wouldn't that be in rate mode or is rate mode 50% and below. OH! I have the dx6i and my gyro rate on travel adjustment is set to 80%.

Westy

LEGEND
you will know as soon as you go into rate mode..... the servo will instantly centre as you remove your rudder TX input. where as in HH mode .... you rudder will jerk to one side and stay there until you either move the heli or the opposite rudder input is sent from the TX.

Tony

Staff member
Depends on your Tx. The DX6i goes from 0-100, so anything below 50 is rate mode, above is HH mode. But on DX7s/DX8, they go from -100 - +100, so anything below 0 is rate, and above is HH.

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
Depends on your Tx. The DX6i goes from 0-100, so anything below 50 is rate mode, above is HH mode. But on DX7s/DX8, they go from -100 - +100, so anything below 0 is rate, and above is HH.

that is good to know, since i will be picking up a DX7s.

Tony

Staff member
Oh yeah, those rubber grips are worth every penny. We all know what those sweaty palms are like holding the slick DX6i, and that just doesn't happen with the 7s/8.

Lee

Nice dude :) Te DX6I is a good radio, but the higher end ones are so much better

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
Okay! I have jumped into the unknown and got the Windows 8, now I cannot connect to my IKON unit. it recommends to disable the digital signing which I did and nothing. any help IKON users on windows 8. Grrr!

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Okay! I have jumped into the unknown and got the Windows 8, now I cannot connect to my IKON unit. it recommends to disable the digital signing which I did and nothing. any help IKON users on windows 8. Grrr!

Can't help you there. I don't have 8. Try deleting the program and reinstalling it. I here there is new firm where avalibull.

Top Bottom