FBL Gyro Ikon or Brain setup

Slobberdog

Guys first question,

Do I start off with the sub trims at zero and do you adjust to get 90deg on the servo arms in the software.

Not downloaded yet just thinking before I get the unit,

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and does anyone have a link for the software please

Slobberdog

Thanks Lee, will download that later after I finish loom banding with my daughter, I don't know what's harder loom bands or flying, lol

wolfman76

hey kev either way it goes if you need the software i have the brain software either download it or send me pm with email and i can send you a copy of the software either way we make sure you get it brain software will work with ikon or brain unit

Slobberdog

Thanks all, I have downloaded Ikon software and have had a quick look so,

Question 2

Do you assign your bank switch to your flight mode switch and when you enable self level in that particular bank do you assign another switch for the self level, don't think it comes across well in the software before you connect the unit up.

Lee

You will have your Idle up switch as normal to change head speed.
Then you will assign another switch to AUX2 and this will change your flight modes in the Ikon to the different styles with or without Self level.
Most people set up two positions with the same settings except the self level is ticked in one.

Slobberdog

thanks Lee but how do you enable self level when in the air, is it just the thing of going into that bank

Lee

I have the Bank switch set to my gear switch.
It only has two positions, but thats all I need, and its easier to flip in a panic than any other switch.
Set the two banks up the same, but have the second one with auto level box ticked.

Slobberdog

Thanks Lee,

So the bank that has self level checked has self level working all the time, does it restrict control throws,

Lee

The various flight modes available have different Expo/DR settings in them.
You can set up the angle of bank in advanced menus. I think the default is 45º

Slobberdog

One has just been handed his Brain, and it's so light and small,

image.jpg

Thanks Lee. Will take a closer look later when I connect it up, need to get my nogging around my Brain, lol.

Don't think demo mode in software shows advanced menus that's why I can't see the big picture.

image.jpg

treff

Will the Brain work with a tablet? Being an old fart I threw my mobile away when I left work, well I didn't actually throw it away I nailed it to
a post on the mountain near to us with a 6 inch nail. I have a nexus tablet I must charge it up and look for the software.
Bye the way got mine from Italy 120 good price. Heli from Romania, servos from Germany, looking for France for the ESC lol

Last edited:

wolfman76

As lonf as the operating system is android or apple and has Bluetooth capabilities you can download the app... I use my galaxy s2 phone

Slobberdog

guys more questions.

what values are you guys using for cyclic travel and collective travel, 8 and 12?
tail servo, how do you 90 the servo arm in the software, what am i missing
what did you set for rotor rotation, its looking down on the bird isnt it. so clockwise

- - - Updated - - -

oh and ordered my bluetooth module with Coolice today.

pvolcko

I don't believe there is a way to 90 the tail servo arm in software. I think you get it as close as you can mechanically. There may be an advanced tail servo option for controlling min/max/center on that servo though. Just not in the "basic" wizard setup.

Top Bottom