FBL Gyro Ikon or Brain setup

wolfman76

I don't believe there is a way to 90 the tail servo arm in software. I think you get it as close as you can mechanically. There may be an advanced tail servo option for controlling min/max/center on that servo though. Just not in the "basic" wizard setup.

you first want to get as close to 90 mechanicaly then use subtrims once it is 90 then in the software you adjust how much min and max throws the software allows too much the blades will hit while spinning if this happens then turn it down click at a time till it spins freely without rubbing.... hold left stick to adjust left then hold right stick to adjust right limits

Slobberdog

Thanks Kyle, but if you alter the sub trim I think that will adjust the end points travels you already set in the transmitter setup screen, that's why I thought you would have to do centre like on the swash servos.

Thanks Paul, will have a look in advanced later to see, but think I will be searching servo horns later, to see if I can get a better fitting one.

Slobberdog

on the swash set up, do you adjust the travel so you get pitch 12 deg and cyclic 8 deg or as I have seen in a video until it binds and then back it down a point or two,

geez will my questions ever end,

cml001

Look at Christopher Sexton's (of Team iKon & Team Synergy)YouTube videos page. I would post a link, but there are several videos pertaining to iKon with electric & nitro setups along with ESC settings w iKon. I used this as well as RCH to set mine up.. It's new to me as well. But I absolutely love it so far... however, the AR7200BX is the only FBL unit I've used to compare.. Take that back, did fly a buddies Futaba unit on his Blade 550X.. But he didn't even like it.. Lol. Check out Sexton's page and see if that answers any ?s.. Did for me.

danhampson

you set them as 12 and 8, it is so that the brain knows where 12 and 8 are.

flip and roll rates are then used instead of of cyclic deg as they can be set in the software and the brain used the required amount of pitch to give the desired roll/flip rate ie 400°/sec @ full stick.

cml001

Here is one of a few playlist he has.. Found out how to link several... I know all about computers! Lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Slobberdog

you set them as 12 and 8, it is so that the brain knows where 12 and 8 are.

flip and roll rates are then used instead of of cyclic deg as they can be set in the software and the brain used the required amount of pitch to give the desired roll/flip rate ie 400°/sec @ full stick.

Thanks Dan, that's what I done, But i looked at a video last night and the guy done it till binding, thats what is confusing me i think.

what's your take on 90 deg adj of tail servo arm, not in basic setup like swash servo arms.

Last edited:

pvolcko

Getting absolute 90 on the tail is not all that important.

Find a horn that gets you as close as you can then run with it. It's much more important to get the tail control rod link ends set properly for a good holding tail blade pitch at servo center position. If the horn is off a bit, not a big deal at all. With these high end gyros/FBLs they manage piro rate for you anyway, and the resolution and speed of these servos are such that the typical flight behavior effects of a non-90'd horn (more throw per unit horn turn one way compared to the other, around center) are practically eliminated.

On the cyclic it is a bit more important because you're trying to coordinate three servos and horns and links together. If one is off 90 compared to the others it results in mismatched movement of the swash over the full throw of setup (one side a little low or high at max or min). The tail is an army of one, though, and with today's gyro and servo technology it simply doesn't matter all that much to 90 the horn compared to getting the control rod length correct and the link ball mounted the right distance from horn center.

danhampson

i 90'ed the servo arm and followed the manual for the position of the bell crank arm. i didnt do any rate mode setup at all

Slobberdog

Thanks Paul, Will look through my horns and see if I have a better one there, have a new pack with a spare servo so might be lucky,

thought this would be so simple to set up but I think I haver got myself in a lot of confusion by not thinking straight, and taking things a step at a time,

also I have my tx set up so that my flight banks are on gov channel (7) I think and to switch aux 2 which is working but want the switch on gear, any ideas how I do this,

Slobberdog

Well I have finished the setup on the ikon, and ready for a test flight, little bit worried as I have a bit of interaction when going into bank with self level, so gonna leave that for a bit until I get the gyro cyclic gains set 100% then will go to self level bank, just waiting for bluetooth module so I don't have to drag my lappy about to alter settings,

Lee

Sweet mate.
Did you level the unit with a bubble level before setting level in the software?

Slobberdog

Yeah the frame was perfect and the unit was perfect,

How do you get the bank switch on to the gear switch Lee, need it more accessible than on my aux 2 switch

Slobberdog

Not sure what you mean Lee sorry, in sw select I have this,

image.jpg

And that is only way I got that ch 7 I think to assign in the ikon software

image.jpg

Slobberdog

Well I have finally set up my tx so I can have 3 flight modes/banks in the Ikon, and have the bailout switch on the 2 position gear switch,

So now on the corners of my tx I have right side, throttle hold, and left side auto level,

How it's done,

In SW SELECT

Set Gov to Aux 2 and set mix to Aux 3

Then in mix menu, go into Mix 1 and set sw 1 to Aux 3 and other one to aux 2 so it looks like this above the rates Aux3 > Aux2 then set rate 1 as zero, rate 2 as -100 and offset to 100 then select M

This will give you your three banks on your aux 2/Gov switch, and on your gear switch you will be able to override aux 2 to flight mode three, that is if your up position is mode 1 and your down position on aux 2 is mode 3

But for those who need a visual like me, here you go,

image.jpg

image.jpg

Top Bottom