FBL Gyro Ikon - Bluetooth programming with ease

wolfman76

Here is what i had for my multiwii boards so if this is a race to have the Bluetooth for the ikon technically i think i win since i have had this for over a year... Lol

View attachment 7251

So do i have the right Bluetooth and cord or do i need the smaller chord and a different Bluetooth?

wolfman76

Ok here is a better picture of what i have it doesn't say hextronic pin back but it has all the connections the one that Westy showed i have a 6 connections on mine but i would only need the middle 4

ForumRunner_20130707_014634.png

What does anyone think will it work? I could just pull the wires for the outside 2 pins

ForumRunner_20130707_014634.png

cn63bug

I imagine that it might work. Just need to know what the pin outs are on the ikon. If those are matched correctly, then it should work if it pairs up to your android device.

wolfman76

The pins match the one Westy listed the RXD TXD GND & VCC PINS all match the directions arrows on the one Westy listed

ForumRunner_20130707_134419.png

ForumRunner_20130707_134419.png

cn63bug

The pins match the one Westy listed the RXD TXD GND & VCC PINS all match the directions arrows on the one Westy listed

View attachment 7269

It does match up to the pins on the crius BT. The pins on the ikon from the top are Vcc, Rx, tx, GND. So matching those would allow you to connect it and then it should pair to your android.

wolfman76

That would be easy to fix just matter of moving the wires in the plug on the ikon end of the plug around... I have have the MSHbrain but it its same as ikon far as i know

Last edited:

wolfman76

i just have to get the small plug i use to have 2 but i put both of them with my tbs discovery quad when i sold it had i known i would have needed one i would have atleast kept one then i would have been golden....

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
Why! Sorry..I mean how much changes do you fellas need out there daily? LOL im just jealousy cause my daughter took my smart phone and i don't have that cool app.

Last edited:

wolfman76

It does match up to the pins on the crius BT. The pins on the ikon from the top are Vcc, Rx, tx, GND. So matching those would allow you to connect it and then it should pair to your android.

Are those the correct connection of the brain i don't want to fry anything when connecting to my Bluetooth?

cn63bug

Are those the correct connection of the brain i don't want to fry anything when connecting to my Bluetooth?

As long as you get the vcc and gnd correct, it won't fry it. If the Rx and tx wires are reversed, the Bluetooth won't connect and you would have switch them. But let's say on your BT for the sake of argument that vcc is red, ground is black, tx is green and Rx is yellow. On the ikon from the top of the unit, you would go red, then green, then yellow, and then black. That is how its wired on mine and it connects fine.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
+1

tested very well on one.. even did a software upgrade through it.. did a full resetup of my warp through it.. test pass!!

building two more for my other two birds.. JUST AWESOME!

Top Bottom