FBL Gyro Ikon - Bluetooth programming with ease

Westy

LEGEND
NO MORE FIELD ADJUSTMENTS PULLING THE CANOPY ON AND OFF AND CONNECTING A CABLE!!

Well if you guys don't know me by now ..... I am not happy unless I have maxxed out all options.

I have ordered all the bits to convert my Ikon to Bluetooth capable.

I am getting sick of taking the Canopy on and off .... and having to plug a cable in....

So after doing much research .... I have ordered the components needed to convert the Ikon to a Bluetooth capable unit!

Only cost me $17USD SHIPPED to the South Pole! hahahaha

Hobby King and Ebay!

So in about 3 to 4 weeks .... I will update this thread .....

Will then be able to either :

a. Connect to a bluetooth capable laptop... pair it up and run the normal software through the correct port in the Software

b. Connect to a bluetooth capable Android tablet or phone, download the Android IKON app and connect to the Ikon that way!!!!

NICE!!!! - gulp ... hope the wife did not see that transaction ..... what is it now .....$3.217.00 (NZ) ... ah what is 17 bucks in the scale of things .....

Tony

Staff member
I might see doing this if you are testing blades, servos and whatever all the time, but in most cases, you set your gyro up, get it flying correctly, and you never touch it again. I will stick with my computer, but hope you get yours working so we can GET SOME DAMN FLYING VIDEOS FROM YOU AGAIN!!!!!!!!!! I'm cracking out man, I need videos!!!!!

Westy

LEGEND
I will get some done tomorrow ... Weather Pending! Promise!!!! Been Putting it off ..... bit of a sore point of contention.

xokia

I wish they would just start putting the damn Bluetooth chip in the dang unit to begin with. It ads minimal cost to the design.

Lee

I want to set up my quad with bluetooth. Maybe i can use the same unit on the Ikon.

Westy

LEGEND
If it is one of these ......

33996.jpg
33996-2.jpg

then yes....

- - - Updated - - -

you just need one of these ....

Micro Mini ZH 1 5 4 Pin JST Connector w Wire x 10 Sets | eBay

1211262173044040_2.jpg

Or ... you can buy the Genuine PROTOS MSH one (which there are 210mm and 110mm and both out of stock)

Last edited:

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Its funny.. and sad.. I have had this equipment for last three weeks. I am overwhelmed with the stuff to do in the house right now.. we are setting up.. I got these modules and have been in their packets since then ..

YOU BEAT ME TO IT!!!!!! LOL .. :D I am going to hardwire these to every bird and yes I am thinking of getting an android tablet.. a cheap one with bluetooth ... so I can program with it on the field.

Suggestions?

pvolcko

Just keep the canopy off and test/tune it that way? How full featured is the android app compared to the ikon PC software?

cn63bug

Its funny.. and sad.. I have had this equipment for last three weeks. I am overwhelmed with the stuff to do in the house right now.. we are setting up.. I got these modules and have been in their packets since then ..

YOU BEAT ME TO IT!!!!!! LOL .. :D I am going to hardwire these to every bird and yes I am thinking of getting an android tablet.. a cheap one with bluetooth ... so I can program with it on the field.

Suggestions?

Maybe look at a nexus 7. Its what I use and its a pretty powerful little tablet.

- - - Updated - - -

Just keep the canopy off and test/tune it that way? How full featured is the android app compared to the ikon PC software?

I'm waiting for the Bluetooth adapter too. From what I heard and read, the android version is the same as the PC version in terms of setting up and looks very close to the PC version as well.

Westy

LEGEND
It has every single feature of it Phat PC mother program.

Aparentely if your Tablet runs Android V2.2 or higher .... then you are good to go. does not work with older versions.

wolfman76

Here is what i had for my multiwii boards so if this is a race to have the Bluetooth for the ikon technically i think i win since i have had this for over a year... Lol

ForumRunner_20130706_191139.png

So do i have the right Bluetooth and cord or do i need the smaller chord and a different Bluetooth?

ForumRunner_20130706_191139.png

Top Bottom