Idle Up

Adam

So i never flipped the idle up switch before lol. And i have done it twice today. Once i put it into idle up mode my whole heli wobbles lol. I will get an video of it when i have time it is not that important now but what could be wrong? I didnt want to say anything about my HK450GT build but lets just say I threw the thrust bearings in the garbage and put bearings in unstead. I just wanted all variables on the table.

Tony

Staff member
If you are getting tail wag in idle up, then you need to move your gyro switch to the F-Mode switch. Then you will need to set your normal speed gyro setting, then set the idle up at about 5 less. This is common.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
nice catch tony.. i wouldnt have thought of that.. dx6i does have the gyro on the f mode channel as a default.

Adam

Idk if it was tail wag it was like the whole heli wobbling from the cyclic. And i thought f mode. Meant no head hold. I am a little lost lol

Adam

My idle up is when i flip the switch to Fmode. So when i flip that switch i switch the gyro to 0 not gyro lol

Adam

Alright here is a video of what is going on. I took a look at my tx and there is two gyro settings but only if you flip the switch i have normal at 71.5 and the other at 30 but question is do i have to switch both for idle up mode or is there some other problem here. thanks for any help.

[video=youtube_share;XD74rNaXKUw]http://youtu.be/XD74rNaXKUw[/video]

Tony

Staff member
Interesting, that is an elevator shake, not a tail shake. As far as I know, you are not running a flybarless controller are you? I would make sure your flybar paddles are both flat and true, and make sure there is no play in any links on the head. That is weird lol.

Adam

omg thats not good lol. alright i took the thrust bearings out and put bearings in. The rubber washers in the head there was a total of 4 small ones that i replaced with one bigger one. It flies awesome in normal mode but i through that idle up mode and this is what you get.

Adam

Dx6i and I checked all head componets all seems fine and the flybar paddles will straighten themselves out wont they or should thos not be able to spin lol

Tony

Staff member
What I meant by straight is look at the end of the paddle, and make sure the paddle is at the same angle as the flybar cage. It will flop around from side to side on it's own.

Adam

Yes one was off and they spin without having to undress anything i just turned it to be at the same angle is there a way to lock them in?

Tony

Staff member
As long as there is a little tension when you are turning them, it's fine. Just make sure they are straight to the flybar cage and try again.

Lee

Once they are straight, you can drop a little CA glue between the paddle and flybar to hold it a bit more securely.
If that fixes the wobble then great. If not, then the common cause of nodding heli is low headspeed. What is you throttle curve in ID1 and what size is your pinion?

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Interesting, that is an elevator shake, not a tail shake. As far as I know, you are not running a flybarless controller are you? I would make sure your flybar paddles are both flat and true, and make sure there is no play in any links on the head. That is weird lol.

Also make sure there are the same leanth both sides!!

Adam

Ok the length is all perfect. I dropped some ca glue in them. Will try again today no wind so perfect day to get this resolved as long as i get input today lol. Ok the the throttle curve for idle up is 100-100-80-100-100. Now as far as this happening for low head speed shouldn't i see the wobble at norm mode? The pinion i went with which might of been a mistake is i went with the align 11T instead of the 13T with the dynam motor for 450 heli.

Adam

I figured start with the 11T cause it would be slower for learning and it does work perfect in normal mode. And i have the 13T as a spare which the way its looking now my pinion and main gear still look brand new with probably at least 50 flights on them.

Lee

I did think about the headspeed in Norm, but my uneducated guess is its hitting the resonant frequency at the higher head speed. But lets see if the flybar fix works first before speculating about other things. :D Good luck.

Adam

It is perfect weather outside only high 40s though i have some things to work on before i can get this complete though lol. Im gonna hover it in idle up and if it happens see if anything changed with the fly paddles if nothing im gonna bump up my throttle curve at mid stick from 80 to 90 and if that works or gets better well you know maybe until i get the 13T on when i am better with idle up and so forth thank you everybody with your input. Outcome of all to come.

Top Bottom