Idle Up

Tony

Staff member
Yeah I don't think head speed is the issue, even with that 11t you are doing fine. Only other thing it could be is some pulsing in the servos. And the only way to check that is to take your blades off, spin it up and kick it into idle up and see if they move. I have had some that would have a constant move like that, but in my case it was a gyro issue with the HK401 elcheapo gyro. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Adam

So you guys are gonna love this one i did everything i could even ran it at midstick 100 on curve same results flew it around landed hard broke ne strut. SO I look everything again here my rear cyclic servo wasn't attached to the frame anymore. I'm hoping that was the problem my wholetime. I feel like a dummy cause i dont check that every tme

Tony

Staff member
The rear servo is your elevator servo, and I will bet money (almost lol) that was your issue. The head speed was high enough that the servo was trying to correct, the servo was moving, and it would have to correct again. Just one of those cycles. Tighten that sucker down and you should be golden.

Adam

Ok So i will try to see if there is a pulse in my servos. Could a faulty swash be a problem here?

Tony

Staff member
The servos move the swash. I'm thinking the motor is taking too much power away from the Rx causing this issue.

Adam

That's the motor and esc from the razor i have checked everything and what stumps me is in normal mode this heli is as smooth as can be idle up haywire. I duct taped it to my work bench without the blades on and the servos or swash moved at all. Do you think that i installed regular bearings in the blade holders instead of thrust bearings could make this happen. Everything is snug and tight.

Tony

Staff member
You need thrust bearings on the outter portion of the grips. Normal bearings will bind. Just build the head like the manual says or you will have issues. Now that you say that, it could be a binding issue where the servo is having to use a lot of force causing it to over correct.

Adam

Ok so i finally got my thrust bearings in for this heli i waited for align of course lol. i am replacing the feathering shaft and main shaft cause this bird has been through hell and back. Quick question what kind of grease should i use and can i pick it up at an auto store?

Tony

Staff member
Just use silicone grease in a can, and yes you can get it at the parts store. Best stuff that you can put on the thrust bearings. You can also use axle grease which is what I use on my heli's.

Top Bottom