i finally did it

murankar

Staff member
Well I got my first 5 or 6 pirouettes. Omg my heart was racing and I was shaking. Never the less I got in three left hand circles along with some left side in hovering.

During all this I managed a close call while nose in and was ready to dodge it, but I managed to get tail in while almost on the run. Super scary and all is good.

Going home all in one piece.

Lee

Well done mate, keep up the good work. You know Tony will want video proof :D

murankar

Staff member
That's next. I did not have my wonderful camera person with me. Even if I had my tripod the helicopter would have been out of frame.

stokke

Great work Matthias :D Keep on practicing and we'll see you at 3D masters in no time!

murankar

Staff member
I was kinda prepared for it I hope to get out today

And thank you everyone for the encouragement.

callsign4223

Staff member
Hey, the only thing I have managed to do piros on is a mcx. The FBL gyro on the MCPx has a bad habit of deciding it wants to adjust something when I'm trying to piro it and starts to send me into an outward spiral instead of a piro. And I am still too chicken to try it on the blade 400.

murankar

Staff member
You should Alsaddi do piro's with this heli. of course he is running the 6S setup and MKS Servos. His is like Nightmare doing piro's.

My left is slower than the right. I can adjust that once I get better. It has something to do with the travel limits in the servo. At least that's what JR says.

Westy

LEGEND
My left is slower than the right. I can adjust that once I get better. It has something to do with the travel limits in the servo. At least that's what JR says.

... yep that is normal due to doing them anti clockwise .... is fighting the natural right rotation force of the main blade travelling in the opposite direction.

If you have full travel on the Rudder in left rotation ... the only way to get both sides matched is to reduce the nose right travel .... since you cannot get any more speed out of the left rotation. Hope that makes sense.

Lee

Hey, the only thing I have managed to do piros on is a mcx. The FBL gyro on the MCPx has a bad habit of deciding it wants to adjust something when I'm trying to piro it and starts to send me into an outward spiral instead of a piro. And I am still too chicken to try it on the blade 400.

Matt,
If your MCPX is drifting off during piros, its normally because the swash isn't level. In a hover the FBL unit will compensate, but in a fast spin the slightly unlevel swash will cause it to drift. I had this happen to me. Couldn't understand why it would dive off to the side on piros. Then i took extra care to get the swash totally level and now it piros on the spot.

Westy

LEGEND
Good Spotting .... I was wondering about that ... as my FLybarred 600 does not do that ... it holds still

Top Bottom