i finally did it

callsign4223

Staff member
Awesome, I will have to double check that when I get home. Leveling the swash on the MCPx isn't something I had ever heard anyone doing so I never even thought of checking it.

murankar

Staff member
mine is still a little out of whack, judging by yesterdays flights. I am going to send my swash level to Tony I think so I can truly level it.

I guess the wind did not help any at all also.

Tony

Staff member
don't send it to me. Had some things come up this weekend and it's taken me out of working in the garage.

BOKI

muranakar; Sounds like your doing Ok I'm new at this Rc stuff glad you never got hit & can see how it could happen real easy! These Helicopters are super fast! The Best & be Safe ! :lol: :twothumbsup:

- - - Updated - - -

Nice job flying & thanks for the nice video! The Best! :lol: :twothumbsup:

xokia

During all this I managed a close call while nose in and was ready to dodge it, but I managed to get tail in while almost on the run. Super scary and all is good.

Going home all in one piece.
Anytime that happens its a good day. It definately gets the blood pumping exspecially on the bigger helis.

- - - Updated - - -

Matt,
If your MCPX is drifting off during piros, its normally because the swash isn't level. In a hover the FBL unit will compensate, but in a fast spin the slightly unlevel swash will cause it to drift. I had this happen to me. Couldn't understand why it would dive off to the side on piros. Then i took extra care to get the swash totally level and now it piros on the spot.
Seriously? I thought that the helicopter tilted sllightly? All my helicopters tilt very slightly. I thought that was normal at least according to rchelicopterfun.com

I can spin probably 3 times before I start to go off axis.

http://www.rchelicopterfun.com/rc-helicopter-training.html training day 4 video he mentions how the helicopter tilts. I just assumed that was normal. If a helicopter is tilted I could see how it could wind up off axis while spinning repeatedly.

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
All helicopters with a tail blade will lean to one side to compensate from the thrust of the tail.

xokia

All helicopters with a tail blade will lean to one side to compensate from the thrust of the tail.
That's what I thought so maybe they are refering to something different. I can hold the stick to one side and after about 3 revolutions the helicopter ends up off axis if you dont make any corrections. For me I use this just to throw the hellicopter into a wierd pattern then try and correct it as quick as I can. Its worked for me as a training aid.

murankar

Staff member
My trims are not spot on yet. Plus since I have not learned how to compensate while spinning it just amplifies the tilt. On that flight I think it was drifting to the right. My trims are getting close now.

Lee

Its coming along nicely Matthias. The trick to learning how to compensate while spinning is by perfecting the basic orientations. Tail, Side and nose in. Once you can do that well the piro will be much more stationary. I know it gets boring just hovering, but if you can hold it side on to the right for half a battery and side on to the left for the other half without drifting too far. Then do one whole battery nose in without freaking then you are ready :D

murankar

Staff member
Thank you lee. The on video I I wanted to post I didn't film. I was trying to hold noise in on the stand. My side in orientations were looking a lot more solid. When I am on the the stand it feels more like a Sim but the real deal. I was still holding the tx with a death grip. Once I am able to perform those positions without a death grip then I think I am ready. But I will still try with out the stand.

Lee

Its very tempting to bail out of nose in without making an attempt to save it. I use to do it all the time. Then one day i said "right i'm gonna hold it nose in for a whole battery. I did it. I was sweating and my legs were shaking. But after that my flying skill level increased exponentially.

stokke

Oh mano man, I remember the "death grip" LOL. You'll get past it Matthias - just fly as much as possible.

Westy

LEGEND
Its very tempting to bail out of nose in without making an attempt to save it. I use to do it all the time. Then one day i said "right i'm gonna hold it nose in for a whole battery. I did it. I was sweating and my legs were shaking. But after that my flying skill level increased exponentially.

That is soooo True...... I had the same exerience .... once you are not scared of it facing you .... your confidence climbs Sooooo much!

Top Bottom