Batteries How to charge 6 lipos 1s with Turnigy Accucell-6 ?

krayon

Ok, problem resolved !
When i plug each battery on the simple charger, a red light must be lightning... With one battery, the red light is not lightning but with the 5 other de red light turn on...
I connect the battery on my heli and nothing... the battery seem to be out of order...
So i connected the 5 lipo and another one i have already, chose balancing, 0.2A, 6s (22,2V) and the charger turn on without any error message !!!! Victory...

Thank you to all of my savers !!!!

Best regards...

Krayon

Stambo

Good to hear the problem is resolved.
Don't forget to use a timer on your flights so you don't over discharge the batteries.

krayon

Hello,

I fly until the battery is totally discharge (when the heli turn off)... is that a problem ?
How many minutes can i fly ?

A few more question about charging... if you have still patience... LOL

1) what charge is better (for 6 lipos 150mAh, 1s, 25c, 3.7v in series connected) ? Charge, Fast charge ou Balance ?
2) with a series cable (lipo in series connected), can charge for exemple only 3 or 1 battery ? And whats are the settings (for 3 lipo as example : 0.2A / 11.1V / 3S ... is that correct ?)

Best regards.

Krayon

Tony

Staff member
Yes, it is VERY bad to drain a lipo all the way down until you hit the low voltage cutoff. The rule of thumb is, you should only discharge the battery to a MAX of 80% of it's capacity.

First thing you need to do is remember how long it took to hit the LVC (low voltage cutoff). Lets say this was about 6 minutes. Cut your flight time down to 4 minutes, and then recharge the battery. If you are using a 1000mah battery, you do NOT want to put in any more than 800mah back into it. If you are less than this, raise your flight time up by 30 seconds and try it again. Needless to say, you need to charge only one battery to know your flight time and get the numbers.

If you have a bunch of 1s batteries connected in series, you should ALWAYS charge in Balance mode. Otherwise it may not fully charge some of the batteries. It will just look at the overall voltage. This is why I suggest charging multiple batteries in parallel, not series.

And no, you must have all 6 batteries connected with that series connector. Otherwise you will get a connection break. I highly suggest you solder these up as a parallel charge, get rid of that balance plug, and only use the red plug that you have. If you need a picture of this, I can provide one when I get back to the house. I have one that works flawlessly.

Hope this helps.

krayon

Hello Tony,

Yes ! All your advice and explications are so precious ! I have learn so much in 2 days... Thanks...
I'm afraid to have'nt understand... Can i "transform" m'y series cable in parallel cable ?

Regards.

Krayon

Tony

Staff member
Yes, you sure can. All you have to do is cut the red and black wires off the white wires. Make sure they are all the same length. Then. solder all of the red together and all of the black together. You will solder this to the wire that the small plastic red plug is on. Make sure to heat shrink everything so it doesn't short out. The picture below should help explain what I'm talking about.

msrxp6a-500x500.JPG

msrxp6a-500x500.JPG

Stambo

I agree with Tony, with the present setup you must have all 6 batteries in the harness.
If they are hooked in parallel you can charge as many or as few as you want.
You would go to the CHARGE setting, set to 1s and multiply the number of batteries you are charging by the capacity to give a 1c charge rate. Double it for 2c.

1 battery = 0.15 amps
2 batteries = 0.3 amps
3 batteries = 0.45 amps etc,

Time your flights, never fly till the cutoff. You will shorten the life of your batteries.

Also, it is best to plug the batteries in to the harness and wait for 15 minutes or so to allow them to balance themselves. A battery in the harness with a slightly higher voltage will discharge in to those with a lower voltage and vice versa. This will ensure all batteries are at the same voltage when you you start charging.
DO NOT PLUG A BATTERY THAT IS ONLY PARTIALLY DISCHARGED
I also tend to leave mine in the harness after charging for a while. This seems to make sure they all have the same voltage when they are removed.

krayon

Hello everybody,

I have a problem with my lipo... Since i have charged with my Accucell charger and the series cable... the lipo don't have nothing punch and they discharge in 1'... ?!?!
I try now to recharge one lipo with the original charger (in the RTF version)... i will see...
I have fly with 6 lipo (one after another)... is it possible i have destroy the brushless motor of the Nano cpx ??????

Thanks for response.

Regards.

Krayon

Tony

Staff member
It could be that the motor is worn out, however, you have been running these batteries down pretty low, and you could have damaged them. I have 6 of the 1s batteries for my mcpx that are no longer good because I forgot to charge them. I can charge them all the way up, adn it will only fly in the helicopter for about 10 seconds.

krayon

Ok... i will buy another... so i will know if the motor is damaged or not...

- what kind of lipo (constructor) i reccomand for the nano cpx... The price range is very large (1,5 $ until 7 euros...) and where is the better place to buy on internet...?

- how can i know how many time i must fly at maximum without discharging my lipo to much ?

Thanks.

Krayon

krayon

Hi,

I have a voltmeter... finally...!
So i have charge my lipo (a brand new one... 1s 3,7 180mAh) when the charge is done, i have mesured the voltage : 4,2v
I have fly for 3' (i use a chronometer)... and after i have mesured : 3,85V

Is that good or can i fly a little bit more ? It seem that the heli loss allready a little power...

Thanks all.

Regards.

Krayon

Tony

Staff member
4.2 is the max voltage that you can put into the battery, so that is fantastic. 3.85 is also fantastic. You could extend that just a hair and go down to 3.8 volts. But that is up to you.

krayon

:))

Thx

- - - Updated - - -

Hi,

One more question...
I have lipo 3,7 1s but 150, 170 and 180 mAh... Can i charge them together in series or is not good to charger lipo of different mAh ?
Thanks a lot... If you come in Switzerland one time... you be my guest ! ;)

Regards.

Krayon

Tony

Staff member
Yes, you can charge them. The voltage is what matters. As long as everything is the same voltage, you will be fine.

Top Bottom