Batteries How to charge 6 lipos 1s with Turnigy Accucell-6 ?

krayon

Hello,

I want to charge 6 lipo 1s 150mAh, 3.7v 2014-01-15 14.28.55.png.
I have a Turnigy Accucell-6 charger and all the necessary cables 2014-01-15 14.30.11.jpg

I have a lot of questions... :nervous:

1) Can i charge less than 6 lipo ?
2) Can i charge same lipo specifications but from different constructor ?
3) What is the order (procedure) to charge/connect the lipos ? (first connect the lipo and after the cable...)
4) Witch program i must choose in Turnigy charger menu ?

I'm afraid to make mistake...:newhere:

Thank you very much for futures answers... :wave:

Best regards.

Krayon

2014-01-15 14.28.55.png

2014-01-15 14.30.11.jpg

Tony

Staff member
All batteries MUST be the same voltage (meaning 1s) and they MUST be within 2% of each other on voltage. If that is correct, then just plug them into the balance board making sure you have the polarity correct.

Charging multiple batteries, you will still set the charger up for a 1s charge rate, NOT 6!! Then, take your MAH and add it all up (150*6). The sum of all the batteries is 900. Divide that number by 1000 and you get 0.9. So your 1c charge rate would be 0.9 amps

Answers to your question

1) yes, you can charge just one of those batteries, but your charge rate would be 0.15, or just round it to 0.2 amps.

2)I'm not sure what you mean on this one. Please try to clarify.

3)You can plug the batteries into the parallel plugs any way you want. I usually leave my large wire plugged into the charger and just start plugging in batteries.

4)You need to choose the charge menu, might also be called fast charge. However, you can also do a balance charge since it appears to be connected to your balance leads, but you will not be able to balance a 1c battery. Pretty much any charge will work.

If your afraid to make a mistake, that is what we are here for. We will help you out. What power supply are you going to use to power that charger?

krayon

Hi,

Thanks a lot for this very precise informations !!!
Here is the picture of the settings charge... Can i run it ?
lipo_charge.jpg

Thank you...

Krayon

lipo_charge.jpg

Tony

Staff member
That looks perfect. Push and hold enter and she will be charging. Should take about 30 minutes to complete.

Tony

Staff member
One thing that I just noticed is the eflight batteries have a 3c charge rate. If your other batteries do as well, you can go to 1.8 or even 2.7 amps. 1.8 being a 2c charge rate and 2.7 being a 3c charge rate. Just make sure the other batteries can handle that charge rate as well or you risk damaging them.

Tony

Staff member
Connection break means the batteries are not connected to the charger somewhere. I'm going to guess it's in that bundle before it splits into 6 leads.

Stambo

On my Turnigy charger when I charge multiple 1s batteries I don't connect the balance port.
I just connect the charge port to the multi harness.
Then I set my charger just like in the picture.
I am wondering if that harness is connected to individual balance leads.
Do you have a multi meter?
Plug all your batteries in, carefully unplug the charge lead at the charger and see what voltage you have.
If it is low, around 3.7v it should work as you have it set. The charge lead is parallel.
If it is high, around 22v set the charger to 6s 0.15 balance charge. The charge lead is series and 6batteries must be plugged in or it won't work.

krayon

Hi,

I have try to charge without connecting the balance port... but same error message...
All cables seem to be correctly plugged...
Unfortunately, i don't hava a multimeter...
Do you think that the harnes is connected in series ???

Thank a lot.

Krayon

Tony

Staff member
I would take that end apart where all of the plugs come together. The wires should be red/red, black/black. Take it apart and shoot us a picture of it.

krayon

Hi,

Here is the picture of the cable...
20140115_202434.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Hi,

Here is the picture of the cable...
20140115_202434.jpg

20140115_202434.jpg

20140115_202434.jpg

Stambo

Hi,

I have try to charge without connecting the balance port... but same error message...
All cables seem to be correctly plugged...
Unfortunately, i don't hava a multimeter...
Do you think that the harnes is connected in series ???

Thank a lot.

Krayon

I can think of no other reason to connect to the balance port.
Without a meter the best way to confirm it is as Tony says, strip the insulation back and see how it is connected.

Or you could try, if you have an automotive light bulb available.
1. Plug in 5 batteries only.
2. Unplug the charge leads AND the balance lead at the charger. Careful not to short the charge leads.
3. Hook one of the charge leads to the body of the bulb and briefly touch the other to the contact of the bulb.
Does the bulb glow dimly? You have a parallel charge lead.
Nothing at all happens? Proceed to step 4.
4. Plug in the last battery and repeat step 3. DO NOT SHORT THE ENDS OF THE CHARGE PLUGS!!!
Does the bulb glow really bright? (or maybe blow if you hook up for too long) You have a series charge lead.
Charge as 6s 0.15 amp.
Nothing at all happens? You have a faulty charge lead.

Or link us to where you got your charge lead and we can read the description. :)

- - - Updated - - -

You posted pics while I was typing my reply.
That is a series cable.
Balance charge at 6s 0.15 amp.
If the batteries all support 2c or better charge rate you could go to 0.3 amps

Last edited:

krayon

Hi,

Thank for your patience !

Ok, i will balance at 0,2A (i can only set 0,1 or 0,2 not 0,15) and 6s and 22,2 volt... Is it correct doctor !?

Thanks a LOT :))

Krayon

- - - Updated - - -

I have try... Same problem...!
I have try to discharge... same problem !

Grrrrrrrr... :((

Any idea ?! :))

Krayon

Stambo

Sounds about right to me.
As always when charging lipo batteries, keep an eye on them.
Monitor temperatures etc.
Especially the first time.
Not sure on the Accucell but I can monitor individual cell voltage while charging.
Press the up arrow on mine.
Let us know how you get on.

- - - Updated - - -

That should work, is one battery faulty or REALLY flat?

krayon

Yes it seem really flat, while the neighbor test when the 6 lipo are plugged and say "it's completely discharged..."
Do you think i must first charge 10' with the single charger and after try again ?

Tony

Staff member
You need to get a volt meter and check the voltage of each cell. If any of them are below 2.8 volts, then the battery is trashed. You can try and charge one battery at a time, but you are not going ot be able to do it with that charge lead. But, I highly suggest the volt meter just to verify.

Stambo

Yes it seem really flat, while the neighbor test when the 6 lipo are plugged and say "it's completely discharged..."
Do you think i must first charge 10' with the single charger and after try again ?

Yes charge each battery first.
Use a timer while you use them, try only 4 minutes per battery and maybe go up to 5 or 6 when you know how long they last. Don't use them until you cannot fly any more because this will ruin your batteries.

You may find some of them discharged near beyond recovery already.

krayon

Ok...
I try to charge each cell one by one with the original charger (receive with the rtf version of my heli)...
After i will use them to fly and after only, i retry to charger the 6 together...

Tomorrow, i take my lipo at work for a check with a voltmeter...

Thank a lot, for all the responses... i appriciate very much... :))))))))))))))))))))

I will post tomorrow for give you the latest news ! LOL

Best regards.

Krayon

Stambo

We are here to help and be helped. :)
We all had to start somewhere and the best way to learn is by asking questions.
Learning by your mistakes is not always the best method, especially with lipo.

Top Bottom