General how do i solder this on the esc? i dont understand

Tony

Staff member
Because the short end of the deans plug is meant to be soldered to a wire, not used as a bridge. Not only is it not long enough, but it also doesn't have the spring on it to press the contacts together. The short end is only for soldering the wires to.

Westy

LEGEND
you have got it right..... the battery is correct.

The ESC however .... needs the male soldered onto that .... not the female like the battery ..... I think you have it plugged into the ESC (the male part) that is what needs to be soldered into the ESC wiring.

You will not need the other Female connector for this setup .... only the 1 x male and the 1 x female

Last edited:
ok here is what i did, i solderd the wires on the male part of a male/female plug the male/male plug is in the middle, and then it will go in to the battary, so its going threw one more plug is all its doing.

Westy

LEGEND
Sweet as ... what ever you want to do .... Go For it! ..... just know that the middle plug ..... (Male to Male) Is not a joiner plug..... if it was .... the long spring loaded pins for giving a solid connection..... are only on one end. So if you want the connection to drop out or come off mid flight .... and trash your heli, plane. car. truck ...... then that is what will happen if you proceed with your new invention. ;)

ok still have a question about the receiver i use the one that comes with my DX8 or is it ok to use just the 3gx with a sat, or is it better to use both?

Karubah

Just plug the sat. into the 3Gx bind and your right to do the setup. Follow Tony's how to video on 3GX. Use 2 sats if you have them.

Westy

LEGEND
It is personal preference. I have used the 3gx and I like the less wiring and messy cables so had gone the Sat (2 sats on my Trex 600)

Some say they rather trust an actual receiver to do the job as they have had issues with the DSM2.... but not heard anything with DSMX so far. You cant use the 3Gx + SAT + RX combo .... it is either
1 - 3gx + SAT

or
2. 3Gx + Rx .....

you cannot bind to both in the same instance. (Well at least as far as I know) ... correct me if I am your other guys and gals.

Top Bottom