General how do i solder this on the esc? i dont understand

Westy

LEGEND
For the BAttey Terminal..... ALWAY .. .ALWAYS .... put the Female (NON EXPOSED) connector on the Battery. this prevents it shorting out on anything that it may come in contact with

Tony

Staff member
Yes, always heat shrink the first one just to be safe. And on a Deans plug, I ALWAYS solder teh positive first since you have to stick your iron between the two terminals, then I do the negative.

ok maybe i didnt state that its NOT battary its the plugs that go on the ESC?

- - - Updated - - -

do i solder the female female plug or the female/ male plug

cn63bug

The ESC should solder to the male plug. If you look at the side that you solder to, you should see a "+" and a "-"

cn63bug

In your pic that you posted, it would be the connector that is below the part number on the bag. The blades stick out on either side of the red plug.

cn63bug

yes what do i do with that .. is it not needed?

Not sure what you mean by not needed. You would solder the ESC to the shorter terminals of the male/male plug. The ESC will have a red wire and black wire on one end along with the signal wire. Those wires go to the plug. The other end of the ESC has three wires that go to your motor.

Westy

LEGEND
the Female end is soldered onto the Battery (LIPO) and the Male end goes onto the two wire end coming out of the ESC (BLACK AND RED)

Tony

Staff member
Yup, what Westy said. Male on the ESC, female on a battery if it's needed. If it's not needed, stick it in your parts box for when you order a new battery.

you guys answered way to late on this.. i hope it stilll works i solderdd the male/female part on the ESC, can i just leave the male/male part on there and still connect it. it should still work right?

Westy

LEGEND
I answered you immediately thanks! Did you follow my suggestion????? It sound like NOT

Post a photo here and let us see what you have done and we can guide/ comment for you.

Cheers.....

Tony

Staff member
How did we answer too late? Westy gave a great explination and I posted the video WAY before you started asking about Skype. The video shows you EXACTLY how to solder these plugs. The way you have it will NOT work! You need to put the male deans on the ESC! We have helped you in every way we can. I don't know what more we can do. Posts, videos, it's all there. When someone doesn't want to take our advice, that is when we will stop coming to the thread because our time is valuable and can be better spent elsewhere. Take our advice that is in post #2 and #3. And don't tell us that we "were too late with our replies".

Tony

Staff member
As for your answer, you posted this thread on 06-25-2013 at 0055 hours. Westy posted 2 MINUTES LATER at 0057 hours. I posted my video 5 minutes EXACTLY after westy made his post. My post time was 0102 hours! HOW IN THE HELL IS THAT "TOO LATE"?

We can only help those that want to help themselves.

Tony

Staff member
Well Josh, I'm sorry to see you go but we did everything we could to help you out. You telling us we were too late when the time frame of the posts was 7 minutes is saying that we can't help you. I posted a video that explains everything exactly as you needed to do it, and you just dismissed it like I never posted it. I'm sorry but we have done all that we can do. Hope you have better luck elsewhere.

Top Bottom