Batteries Hobbyking Zippy Compacts

Slobberdog

I have bought 4 of these batteries and after 7 cycles my first battery has puffed, it has grown by 40%,

my batteries come down at 3.8v + per cell and on recharge put back less than 60%,

I sport fly so no high loading

HK customer service, straight refusal to even talk about it as outside of their 30 day period, the battery was only used twice in that time frame,

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

i think i am done with ordering from HK and even though i will have to pay a fair bit more from the UK i will get people on a phone who give a toss about the hobby and will rectify problem parts without argument, even Far East companies like Microheli and Xtreme sort out warranty and customer service a million times better than HOBBYKING.........

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

damhdearg

Wow sorry to hear that Kev, not that it makes much difference but was that from international warehouse? I heard on a podcast recently that a new PR type guy from HK said they were going to focus more on customer service and returns.
They've always seemed quite unscrupulous to me but can be handy for non important electronic and hardware type stuff.

Slobberdog

Yeah I have had a number of batteries from them, from Turnigy blues to nano techs and zippy's but tbh I have not had much luck with any

Lee

I am really liking these Revolectrix batteries Kev. They come from Singapore by FEDEX, but they are very willing to fix the prices to reduce tax.
They are equivalent in price to the nanotechs, but have the quality of the best batteries I have seen.

damhdearg

I thought about which battery's to put in the Goblin for a while and settled on the Nanotechs just because I've never really had a noticeable issue with them.
That's all I have for my helis purely for cost. I am gentle on them. I've had one bad battery from Hk and sad to say I just shot it with a .243 rather than wasting time with there customer service.

Slobberdog

These Zippy's are by far the best battery I have had from HK, the new aspec nanos are better than the old ones, I just did not find them much cop, my overlanders had more punch than the nano techs, will just use my remaining three batteries then look at some new ones, probably go for Optipower next, uk company and uk customer service,

Stambo

Unfortunately this is one of the risks you take dealing with cheap stuff from China.
I as yet have not had a problem with anything from Hobbyking.
I have 2 Zippy Compact 4s 5000s for my quads and have had great success with them.
I look at it this way, I can buy and ship 3 batteries from China for almost the same price I pay for 1 in New Zealand.
Hobbyking sell a lot of value for money products that will cost sometimes more than twice the price elsewhere.
Some of it will fail or turn out to be junk.
I buy from them with this in mind.
I am happy to bear the risk as I am already way ahead.
If you have a more local supplier that can come somewhere close to matching their prices and then give customer service that would seem a better solution, however in my situation buying locally is not an option.

Also the service in my LHS is absolute crap.
I will wait for parts from China rather than set foot in his door ever again.

Last edited:

wolfman76

i like the blue lipo packs myself my 6s 2650mah pack is just over two years old and i am still using it only issue i have had with them is they are always on back-order i also got 2 6s 4000mah nano techs have yet to have issues with them was thinking about the 3s nano tech a-spec 2200mah packs hor the hovercraft...

treff

I do not buy anything from Hobby King anymore. I think they are bloody robbers. They take your money then deliver
nothing. Really crap service and do not want to talk about anything. I have two outstanding orders that have
never arrived. Do not be fooled by the cheap prices. With the postage they are charging and the time it takes to
get here. Buy things in the Euro zone you'll be far better off. Also last point they advertise stuff they have not got
or even had made. Terrible company. Avoid.

Slobberdog

Graham I have eight of these Zippy's 4 6s and 4 3s for my 250 only have one bad egg, which is quite out of their warranty period which is quite pants anyway, but they have now agreed to look at the photos and evidence I have,

1 cell has gone #3?and is showin 0.14 difference on balance that is why the puff feels so hard it a centre cell that is bad,

murankar

Staff member
I have bought only one battery from hobby king . I got a 1500 mah life 4 pack for my tx and its nearly 3 years old and doing fine.

I have other stuff too but nothing huge or expensive.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Slobberdog

Well I have just received an email from Hobbyking, they asked me yesterday to fill in an RMA form and send them some pictures because I put a complaint in because of the low use and knowing it was a long time since I ordered, and the fact I got treated badly by their 24 hr help advisor,

I submitted the RMA, and they have gone through the RMA and will be sending me out a new battery, cant fault that, well when it turns up I wont, if you know what I mean,

a little bit of regard for the company has been restored, I do like the Zippy Compact batteries, but like things to work like they are supposed to and not just for 30 minutes.

Stambo

Well I have just received an email from Hobbyking, they asked me yesterday to fill in an RMA form and send them some pictures because I put a complaint in because of the low use and knowing it was a long time since I ordered, and the fact I got treated badly by their 24 hr help advisor,

I submitted the RMA, and they have gone through the RMA and will be sending me out a new battery, cant fault that, well when it turns up I wont, if you know what I mean,

a little bit of regard for the company has been restored, I do like the Zippy Compact batteries, but like things to work like they are supposed to and not just for 30 minutes.

Good news Kev. :)
I hope it all goes well and the battery turns up as promised.

Slobberdog

Well I am impressed now I could have swore my replacement battery would have got lost in the post, but here it is sitting on my desk,

image.jpg

image.jpg

sarconastic

I have only bought one thing from Hobby King and that was through Amazon, and it was a Turnigy Blue 3s 2200 25C pack. It had a low cell and they were actually pretty good about it. They refunded and didn't make me ship it back after I showed them a pic of it hooked up to my charger, showing the bad cell.

I am currently waiting on a Pulse Ultra 2200Mah 3s 25C pack to arrive. Had some eBay bucks to burn so I ordered one of these. Have read a lot of good reviews on them. Hopefully they are good too.

Woody

hoverinabout

I buy all my lipos from HK. Not had a problem with the nanotechs yet.

Always had prompt service from the international store. Recently bought a NASA H which hasn't turned up yet. Complained and they said it should arrive by 9 Sept which is over a month for delivery. Tracking says its at Langley at Heathrow so may not be an HK issue!

Not happy with the delay though.

Top Bottom