450 HK450GT Pro is JUNK!!!

Tony

Staff member
I don't even know where to start with this friggin thing. To start off with, most of the screws that were going into plastic were stripped when I got it. The tail boom seems like it's made to fit another helicopter because it needs so much modification just to fit correctly. The head block is too big for the main shaft and sits there and wobbles back and forth, the plastic links on the head are not the same length so setting up the head is impossible. The links fit loose on the balls so you are always worrying about them flying off and when they do, a crash is coming.

I was just outside trying to get this thing dialed in and fighting it just like I did on the first flight. I came in, reweighed the blades, had to add over 5g to one of them, set the cog on them and tried again, this whole time, the tail is doing nothing but bouncing around and will not hold still. Nothing binding, so it's the vibration of the heli, the gyro or the tail servo causing it.

As I I have sitting on the ground just wagging like crazy, I hear a sound I had never heard before. It was the damn tail blade and grip and it went ripping right past my ear. That was the last straw.

I'm taking all of my electronics out of this helicopter and I'm trashing it. It's worth NOTHING with everything that is wrong with it. I'm DONE with clones!

murankar

Staff member
I am beginning to think it is h.k. products. My EXI has its issues, but are correctable with little effort. I have replaced the tail servo mount, the main gear and canopy with align. The new tail shaft is tarot; everything else is EXI. Ooh I need to order more main shafts have my last one installed now.

Tony

Staff member
My last pro clone was the EXI clone you see in the video of mine. As stated I flew it twice and stripped a tail gear twice without hitting anything. Combine that with the fact I had the same issues with the head that I had with this one, AND I had to replace the tail grips with an Align set and you are in the exact same boat as I'm in now. They all come out of the same factory in china with the same sub standard quality, they just put a different logo on it with the laser engraver. I'm not sure what brand I will go with, but the cheapest brand I will go with now is Align. Compared to others, yes they are cheap lol. But the quality is great.

murankar

Staff member
Keep in mind I have the belt version. As of right now I have to models in mind the protos and x-cell furion. Because of my choice of motor I think I will be getting the x-cell. Right now time will tell.

Lee

Tony, why don't you try a chaos 450 from RC Aerodyne. My 600 is way better than align, and Cliff and the guys there are top notch with customer service etc. They sent me some spare ball links for my 600 the other day even though i told them not to bother. Two ball links all the way to Spain?? Now thats service.

rod450

hi tony, i'm new to this forum an i do own a hk 450 gt pro, at the moment i don't have any problems with it

Tony

Staff member
Lee, I have thought about Chaos. I will just need to give the guys a call and see what they say. HK has some of the worst customer service there is, but it's still better than xheli lol. Pretty much anyone that sells this kind of helicopter I won't deal with anymore. Now I'm all about quality over what the price may be.

Rod, I'm really glad you are having great luck with it. I have had the EXI Pro TT and now the HK Pro Belt, and both have sucked for me. However, my HK450GT that was my first heli (after the Crap Razor) was the best one yet. Still not perfect, but much better than what I'm dealing with now.

murankar

Staff member
I have been ordering all my new parts from amainhobbies.com. the cost is more but parts are of high quality.

Tony

Staff member
Tony did you get that 450 from china or the us wharehouses?

USA

I have been ordering all my new parts from amainhobbies.com. the cost is more but parts are of high quality.

I made one order from them. It was for a main shaft for a 450 and they charged me almost $5 to ship it. When I got the order it clearly stated on the packaging that it only cost $1.25 to ship it. I will never order from them again. For all of my Align parts, I order from ReadyHeli. Never had a single issue with them.

murankar

Staff member

murankar

Staff member
Man you are having such bad luck on the heli side of the house. Must be in your destiny to not fly helis.

Tony

Staff member
Lol, I'm thinking the same thing. When I purchase my Align kit, if it turns out like this then I'm sticking with planes lmao.

Tony

Staff member
lmao, I doubt the Align helis will be like this. If they are, I know I can get support and they will fix the issues. Just need to come up with the $500 for the kit lmao.

RCD

Glencairn Drone
Its interesting because last year when I built my 450, I got the EXI kit from XHeli and cheep SG-90 servos. I didn't have a single part in the heli break when I had it and it was all original EXI parts. I must have gotten a good one! LMAO

Paulster2

I am El Taco!
My HK450GT seems to be okay. I've not had any issues with it (other than operator error). I still need to do some dialing in on the heli (and on me), but no major issues thus far. Must be the Pro?

Tony

Staff member
I'm thinking it is the Pro design. My HK450GT that I replaced my Razor for was a great helicopter up until the time I sold it. I do miss that bird. Can't even remember who I sold it to lmao. The wife and I are talking and i will be getting another heli shortly. One that will actually do what I want it to do lol.

Top Bottom