500 HK Assault 450

Jimbo

Progress. Got the ESC end points set and have it running in governor mode. Was missing a driver for the Naza, but that is loaded now and we can proceed.

Jim

Jimbo

This morning I got my 450, with the Naza-H, all dialed in and flying great. It is so stable and responds more like a real helicopter, as in no crazy hummingbird like movements, as with the 100 & 200 size and I can see it. :D

I can even take off and land with one finger if I want to. This FBL is perfect for the scale pilot and the 450 is a great size. Now I'm looking for a 600. :cool:

I'll try and get some video this weekend.

Jim

Jimbo

Keeping in mind that I have only been flying for just over a year, am completely self taught (you know what they say about that) and this was my seventh flight with a 450 size helicopter, I was pleased overall. Lift off was a bit shaky, but working on it.

Jim

Tony

Staff member
That was absolutely fantastic! Very controlled and very stable! Keep up the great work and keep posting videos.

Jimbo

Thanks Tony. When I do a right hand turn, my thumb goes forward and to the right just fine, but on a left hand turn my thumb comes back when I move it left. Having a hard time correcting this.

Jim

Tony

Staff member
Just give it some time and it will start doing what you want it to do. When I was at this point, I decided to stop flying with my thumbs and start pinching the sticks. That has turned into a modified pinch but for me still offers more control than just the thumb.

Jimbo

I went to the pinch method, per your suggestion Tony, but ended up with thumb on top and fore finger against the front. The Naza is very smooth and does not allow the helicopter to do really violent changes in GPS mode, so this worked very well. I had much more control and had two great flights. The ones today are the ones I should have recorded.

Jim

Tony

Staff member
That is exactly what I call a modified pinch and it is what I do as well. Thumb on top, forefinger in front. Just seems to give much more control on the sticks and you can feel the detents much better as well so you know where your stick is.

Jimbo

Well, I had to keep messing with it. Had to keeping trying to get it better. Couldn't leave well enough alone. Therefore.......I crashed.

All this programing is just way over my head.

Jim

Tony

Staff member
Just give it some time Jim, it will come to you. There will be one day that you are setting up a new helicopter and it will just click. It takes a while, but it will happen. And we are always here to help.

Jimbo

After something like this happens, I decide to give up. Then after an hour I'm back at it. I kept a real Huey flying for 14 months, so you would think I could do the same with these little ones. :waa:

Jim

Tony

Staff member
Jim, these things are tough sometimes. I have been in the same boat you are in. Something just doesn't want to go right, so I put them somewhere I can see them. But the next day, I'm pulling them out and working on them more and more because I will not let a little plastic thing beat me lmao.

Top Bottom