600 HK 600 GT + Turnigy 9XR

Bcandoso

Hi,
I bought HK 600GT and Turnigy 9XR. Im a newbbie and i dont know how to setup the servos with my radio, can someone else help me.

Thanks

Tony

Staff member
Sorry about that, I was at work when I posted the last part, then all hell broke loose.

First thing you need to do is set that gyro up and get your tail parameters set in it. Once that is done, then you can set up the head and get all of those links and swash leveled out.

I have a video on a flybar head setup. If you have not watched it, have a look. And as always, if you have questions after, post up.

Complete Flybar Head Setup - YouTube

murankar

Staff member
The reason for setting up the curves is for setting up the head. When dealing with the pitch you want full travel of the swash. Your goal is to have the same pitch on both positive and negative sides of travel.

How are you doing with the radio?

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Last edited:

murankar

Staff member
Is that second curve throttle or pitch? To be honest id1 and 2 can be assigned the same curve. That second curve you have is a throttle curve. You need to have a linier curve for Id 1 and 2. Id0 can be something like -80 -85 0 50 100. I can't remember right off hand what my id0 pitch curve is but it is similar to this.

If that second curve if yours is pitch what's happening is your pitch at low stick is at max positive pitch, as you raise the throttle your decreasing your pitch to 60 at mid point, as you continue your throttle your going to be adding pitch again until it maxes out again at 100. Not ideal.

Last edited:

Bcandoso

I dont understand very well, i just viewed an YouTube video and i just did the same thing. Have you a HK 600 GT? Can you tell me yours configurations?
I need some documentation for newbies.
Thanks

murankar

Staff member
Actually if you go to the radio forum then to all other radios, I have a quick how to for your 9XR. I know you will have questions so feel free to ask them in that forum.

As for helis, no I don't. I have a Protos Mini and a Gaui X3. My Protos was a flybar then I converted to fbl. My Gaui is FBL.

If something is not clear in my how to let me know so I can update it.

Here is the link.

http://www.rc-help.com/showthread.php/13785-How-To-er9x-companion9x-th9x-Taranis-9xr

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Thanks Tony. One question why have to setup for exemple ID0 Curv1 , ID1 Curv2 , ID2 Curv3?

As URI stated, you always want to set the helicopter up in a linear curve. Meaning you want a straight line on your pitch curve. That way, low stick is full negative pitch, mid stick is 50% travel, and full throttle is full positive pitch. The reason I set up 3 different pitch curves is because position 0 is for normal flight. Not much negative pitch, but enough to keep it on the ground when you land. Position 1 is your mild idle up curve giving you more head speed and has a linear pitch curve and pretty much a flat throttle curve unless you want to run a V curve. Then position 2 is your highest head speed that the helicopter can hold. For a 600, I would not go over 2300 rpm head speed. Hope this helps.

Bcandoso

Hi, I still dont understand very well the head setup. I take pictures for the best demonstration of my problem.

1- Hi this happens at full throtle (100)? The elevator servo cant go that high lime the front ones.

image.jpg

2- Is the head right at low (0) trhrotle?

- - - Updated - - -

2- Is the head right at low (0) throtle?

IMG_0044.jpg

3- My mix menu

IMG_0045.jpg
IMG_0046.jpg
IMG_0047.jpg

4- My curves

IMG_0048.jpg

Please help me,
Thanks!

image.jpg

IMG_0044.jpg

IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0046.jpg

IMG_0047.jpg

IMG_0048.jpg

Tony

Staff member
I wish I knew that Tx as I could help out on that part.

Since you are using a flybar, you can go into your servo endpoints and set the max travel. High and low stick, the swash should remain perfectly level. This means, your aileron and pitch servos will have a lower value than the elevator. One thing you want to do is make sure from the center screw on the servo arms (and the bellcranks) to the ball link are the same distance. Meaning, the bell crank for the aileron and pitch servos (the metal part that the two rods connect to), the screw that they pivot on, measure from teh center of that screw to the center of the ball link. That measurement should be the same as the elevator servo arm from the screw that holds the arm on to the ball link.

Hope that made sense.

As for your picture on the head at mid stick, the swash it still a little too low. those washout arms should be perfectly even with each other.

I don't know if you have watched my complete flybar head setup, but it will help with setting this helicopter head up. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Complete Flybar Head Setup - YouTube

Lee

Your head set up is wrong at low throttle according to your last photo of the heli.
The servos are all at 90º. Thats the way they should be at Mid stick not low stick.
You need to reset up the head so everything is level from servos to swash to head to blades at mid stick.

Tony

Staff member
Thanks for catching that Lee, I didn't even realize the stick was down. Trying to catch up on the forum, shoot videos, render videos... The list goes on lmao. Thanks again.

murankar

Staff member
First have you read the write up i did on the setup of the radio? Once you have the radio setup then you can get into setting the servos to 90 while in ID2 and at mid stick. Once that is done then you can move onto getting the swash level, next you will want to level the washout arms followed by the flybar cage and flybar. Lastly you will want to level out the blade grips for zero pitch on the blades.

Make sure when your setting up the head the flybar needs to stay level. Some folks use a flybar lock which can be made from a popsicle sick and some nuts and bolts. Plenty of how to videos on how to make a flybar lock. Although it is not really needed, its a nice to have.

With collective being on channel 12 did you set the collective on the heli setup menu to be channel 12, and do you have 120 degree swash setup on the same menu.

Bcandoso

First have you read the write up i did on the setup of the radio? Once you have the radio setup then you can get into setting the servos to 90 while in ID2 and at mid stick. Once that is done then you can move onto getting the swash level, next you will want to level the washout arms followed by the flybar cage and flybar. Lastly you will want to level out the blade grips for zero pitch on the blades.

Make sure when your setting up the head the flybar needs to stay level. Some folks use a flybar lock which can be made from a popsicle sick and some nuts and bolts. Plenty of how to videos on how to make a flybar lock. Although it is not really needed, its a nice to have.

With collective being on channel 12 did you set the collective on the heli setup menu to be channel 12, and do you have 120 degree swash setup on the same menu.

Yes i setup the collective on the heli setup.

- - - Updated - - -

Guys thank you for your help and pancience. Im realy noob at this, lets make it for simple steps.

First is my curves right? Do i need to change? If i need please tell me.
Murankar how do i setup the servos endpoints on my tx?

murankar

Staff member
Bare with me my radio and/or lappy is at the house so with out looking at the screens I have to guess and I don't want to do that.

As for curves, I will state them based on channel.

Channel 3/throttle:
[*] id0: -100 -40 70 70 70
[*] id1: 75 75 70 75 75
[*] id2 80 80 75 80 80

Channel 6 / collective:
[*] id0: -35 -27 0 50 100
[*] id1: -100 -50 0 50 100
[*] id2 -100 -50 0 50 100

Top Bottom