450 HK 450GT with Erazor Parts, using a Turnigy 9x Transmitter

Jay

I finally got the basic stick controls working the correct dirrection and servos. woohoo.... I am still running into problems. They appear to be problems with settings, "I think" When I spool up it shakes until I my throttle is like 20 to 25% upward. Then I lift off it spins to the right "really bad". I can stop it from spinning by moving joystick to offset the trim, but it is pretty much allthe way over. Also when I move joystick to move the tail to the left it trys to move the tail but I think the gyro is stopping it. Move the stick to the right and it does great tail moves no problem. Also The Turnigy 9 x has a GyroSensitity knob, that can be active or inactive right now I dont know how to set it so I have it inactive. Heck dont even know if it works with the GY192 That I am using.
It is spining to much to get it to lift comfortably. I have the servo and the rudder set to mid point.
Ideas? or anybody have a Turnigy they wish to swap setting with me.? Any input would be helpfull guys.

Jay

Hello thanks for input, and help. sub trim is: AIL. 37, ELE. 25, THR. 0, RUD. 0, GEA 0, PIT. 0, AUX 0, AUX 0.
All E.Point settings are at 100 % as there default.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
You may need to put in some rudder sub trim. I can't tell you his much. You just have to experiment.

Jay

When in motion I trimmed with switch under stick to try to gain some control and Evan with it pegged to one side still no luck still only way to hold it from spinning was with the stick. Does that tell you anything?

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
It tells me you need to put some sub trim in your transmitter on the rudder. You can only take out so much with the trim adjustment. The rest has to be adjusted with sub trim in you program. Like I said you just have to experiment with how mush. I'm sure Tony can tell you better than I can cause I'm just a novist myself. Lol another thing you may have too much gain in the gyro settings

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I also have it on good authority to set your tail blades to 0 pitch with no sub trim or trim put in. Also plug the tail servo into the receiver directly.

Tony

Staff member
It sounds to me like you have an issue with teh gyro. Are you sure the gyro is correcting in the correct direction? It sounds like it may be reversed. And the shaking may be taken care of by tightening your blades a little more. Sounds like one blade is lagging behind until you get some headspeed.

Jay

How can I tell if the gyro is not working backwards.? Could it be the servo plug is plugged into gyro backwards.? My battery is still charging from me running it earlier. But do you by chance have some things I can do to narrow the issue down?

Tony

Staff member
Don't plug the servo in backwards. It wont' work. And to test your gyro direction, you just have to move the tail. If you move the tail to the left (nose right), the slider should slide to the right. move the tail to the right, it should slide left.

Jay

Hey I am back I got it to work like it's suppose to. And I have since took it out and the first time I apparently forgot to put stew back in tail servo. Lol. And didn't fly to well. Second time after recharging battery I was able to do better, but the swash plate I think was off. I didnt have a digital calibration tool. So I replaced it with a exi 450 complete head and swashplate etc.
Now it seems to hover better other then the 8 to 10 mph wind. Yes crashed again, bent flybar and skids came loose. So straightened flybar and reattatched skids.
Now question. Is there a setting in turnigy transmitter that will make it less sensitive to the stick movements. Making it easier to fly for beginner to six channel.

Jay

Ok I matched your settings exactly as you have them. My settings were a little different In the reverse settings. My Topeka three were reversed. I had to reverse my throttle also. Because upward was power off and down was throttle up. It was confusing. I saved a copy of my old settings first. I love that feature. Question what didi you mean when you said "when your data rate is at 100% the response is phenomenal" how do I know if or when my data rate is 100%? And do you think with these new settings the sticks won't be so touchy? I went out again today. And btw what is it with the wind there can be no wind, but when I get to my fly site and set heli down power it up, the wind picks up. Never fails..... Lol. 5 to 7 gusts. But I go it up flew bout 30 feet up, went straight line for 300 feet, turned around came back, turned another direction flew 100 feet, started to turn around and messed up on rudder direction and went down. Lol. But it was cool when it was up. Just bent flybar. I suppose I can just pull it out and restraighten it. Right?
Thanks for the help.

Tony

Staff member
Yes, you can straighten the flybar. However, you need to check the main shaft, and the feathering shaft pretty close. If either one of them are bent in the slightest, it will cause vibration.

And what Tommy was saying about the "data rate" (I think) is when you travel is at 100%, it becomes really touchy and twitchy. But, if you lower it, then the servos will not move as far with the same amount of input. Hope that makes sense. It does in my head, but that doesn't mean much. I thought it was a good idea to put two EDF's into a plane that wanted a prop :biggrin1:

Rc-Help Member

I Love This Site!
Yep, the duel rate was what I was talking about. On the top of you transmitter you have a bunch of switches. Read the labels, one will say Ail D/R, Ele D/R, and Rud D/R. All three will have two positions, a 1 and a 0. If you put them in position 1 it will cut the stick reaction time down and they wont be so "touchy".

The reason is because in the programming of the transmitter we set the DR/Expo to lower values at switch position 1. 100% means the sticks will react immediately.

Picture 13 through 15 shows the duel rate of the sticks when the switches are in position 0. They are all three at 100% and 0 Expo.
Picture 16 through 18 shows the duel rate of the sticks when the switches are in position 1. Two of them are set to 60% | 30% and the Rudder is set to 100% | 30%.
When the switches are in position 1 it cuts the reaction speed of the sticks down so they wont be so touchy.

If look at the little graphic in the picture when you change the values the little graphic will change. Switch position 1= "less touchy".... Switch position 2 ="No Buffer Zone" sticks will react at 100%

Last edited:
Top Bottom