hey guys - my bird is reborn

hi ALL

some good news on the HK450 that Treff gave me (Thanks mate) . after many many weeks of work, I've finally spooled her up for the first time on my lazy susan (thanks Derek)

i have so many members to thank for helping me with questions about everything i think!!! also with ideas to get my blade back out the pond.... nothing going there now..

anyway

this is a short video just so you guys can see her on the lazy susan.

still waiting for parts to come, so bloody frustrating.... but when the weather holds out (peeing down now) ill do a maiden...

try

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good buddy. Remember to check your tracking as well - check it while mid stick collective.

you must have seen the tracking Marius even from that angle...lol, yes its out slightly but ive never altered tracking on a DFC head before, i presume its just a case of taking one of the DFC arms off and turning like you do links...

thanks mate

Lee

Looks good mate, now keep it away from ponds :D
For tracking, I get one blade at absolute zero. This I mark as the MASTER BLADE.
Then I can alter the opposite blade tracking to line it up with the master.

Looks good mate, now keep it away from ponds :D
For tracking, I get one blade at absolute zero. This I mark as the MASTER BLADE.
Then I can alter the opposite blade tracking to line it up with the master.

Thanks Lee, yes definitely no ponds... Haha.. Thanks for that mate I'll try it tomorrow.

Thanks guys, I appreciate all the comments, have to say though I'm crapping myself pending this maiden man... Haha, I always do, legs go like jelly/jello over the pond...lol, heart starts to pound.... All part of the excitement eh...

If she flies ok then I've got some bling to add to her, not saying what it is yet just to keep the suspense going you know...lol

stokke

Just take it real easy on the spool up and see what happens. When you planning the maiden?

I'm going to take it up the field tomorrow, I'll have to skip work for an hour as it's far too dark by the time I've finished...

Yeah definitely slow spool up Marius....I've put the 600 skids on so hopefully they will help stop any tip over..

Derek

Thanks guys, I appreciate all the comments, have to say though I'm crapping myself pending this maiden man... Haha, I always do, legs go like jelly/jello over the pond...lol, heart starts to pound.... All part of the excitement eh...

If she flies ok then I've got some bling to add to her, not saying what it is yet just to keep the suspense going you know...lol

Just breathe deep, take it slow....the helicopter will do the rest. And as mentioned before, keep clear of that pond, lol..

Thanks for the confidence guys, it's appreciated. I'll get it out tomorrow...the heli I mean... Lol

Hey Derek, remember the last 2 maidens I had when I took it easy.... The heli thought otherwise and destroyed itself twice.... Hahaha, but I'll try, guess that puts the fear in you...

Well everything has been triple checked and more, it's been on the lazy Susan now through 2 lipos, lots of times at half stick, so I don't think it's going to break loose...lol

Ohhh it's dark here now in UK at 5pm just when I finish work.... Buga eh... Going to skip work for an hour tomorrow though, have to get this maiden done..

Last edited:
Top Bottom