Help Us Give Away A FREE FPV Quad!

How do you think we should give away the FREE FPV Quad?

• Aerial Photo Contest

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Forum Random Raffle

Votes: 84 96.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

holtneil

Hi Tony do names from the hat Not every one has the camera set up so it makes its fair , love the forum keep it up

Tony

Staff member
Not sure I will do names from a hat, but if it's voted in, I will do the raffle. Having to write down all those names and literally draw them out of a hat would take forever lol. And I would need quite a LARGE hat lmao.

masterscross7

I like the idea of random pick even though I will probably not win.
It is fair for everyone.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Admiral

Generate some traffic while you do it, for example the 319th post on the site from a start date wins the quad. Just my two cents worth.

Tasajara

I think a random drawing is best... PPL who can take pic already have flying skills. Were this might be best for entry level type flyer, or someone who is new to FPV.

Tony

Staff member
Generate some traffic while you do it, for example the 319th post on the site from a start date wins the quad. Just my two cents worth.

It would be pretty hard to do it that way, but I know it can be done. That is a good idea though. I will just have to keep a constant eye on the post count. We are almost to 123,000 posts on here lol. But, just have to remember the number that is set. I think I might do something for the 250,000 mark and the 500,000 mark. I think that would be fun.

Thanks Tony for the vote of confidence

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

I do what I can for my neighbors! :biggrin1:.

I think a random drawing is best... PPL who can take pic already have flying skills. Were this might be best for entry level type flyer, or someone who is new to FPV.

You are exactly right Craig. This is an entry level quad, nothing like you or I would really enjoy flying all the time. But someone that is just getting into it, they will have a blast with it. It takes crashes well, has FPV already on it that works better than I expected for a $100 quad and is very stable. I'm going to get my other one out and shoot a video on it before the raffle.

Stambo

How about a draw that FPV or quad beginners have to actually enter.
Perhaps set up a thread where those that are keen can post their interest.
That way they have to be active on the forum to see that it is happening and those of us (myself included) that would rather it be given to a relative newcomer can watch but not post.

frankplanes

This is a great raffle item! Should be raffled in a general drawing of members or maybe a better idea would be to just those that have responded to the survey! Good luck to all!

leedude1

Random my man, you have a forum full of folks that love the hobby in all it shape and forms and something new that doesn't touch the purse strings is always nice. We'll all smile and congratulate the winner wishing it would have been us.:biggrin1:

Kobus

We need your help to give away a WLToys V686G. Matt and I can't agree what way to do it, so I'm leaving it up to the members of Rc-Help.com! Please vote in the poll and let us know how you would like this giveaway to go down!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcMn5dMAa8w

I would go with a raffle ask a nominal donation to contribute to the site because the work you do with the videos is great and it helps a lot. Then use this money to help fund the site.

TinyDeal Rep.

Hi everyone,

I really do appreciate Tony's initiative and looks like a lucky draw is more preferable than the contest idea.
Thank you all for your feedback and I guess I'll with figure out something with Tony for the lucky draw.
The event will begin pretty soon ^^.

Matt

Tony

Staff member
I would go with a raffle ask a nominal donation to contribute to the site because the work you do with the videos is great and it helps a lot. Then use this money to help fund the site.

If I were to ask for money for the raffle, that would make it a "gamble" and without a gambling license, that is quite illegal. So this is going to be a completely free raffle for a FPV Quad.

PsychoticShaggy

I think the raffle is a great idea. I don't yet have a quad, so wouldn't be able to get any aerial photography shots (unless I set a 3 second timer on my phone and throw it into the air!). How do we enter the raffle?

Tony

Staff member
When we are ready to run the raffle, I will make a video and send out an email to all members on the forum (that are subscribed to the emails) with a link to the raffle. Also, in the main forum page (www.rc-help.com/forum.php) on the right side, I will have the raffle box there. That way anyone that didn't get the email can still see the raffle. We are still working out the particulars but we are getting closer.

Top Bottom