500 Help needed

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
D.O.G. if you are trying to isolate for vibration start removing moving parts. Remove the head and run the shaft by itself if that does not do it remove the tail boom. If that does not do it let me know I have an AR7300BX and an AR7200BX that I am not using at the moment that you can use to figure out if there is something wrong with yours. I am south of you in Riverview this is south of Brandon east of Tampa.

Thank you very much for the offer jcfernan51. Being in Riverview, you know how windy today and probably the next couple of days is going to be....So I'm in the process of elimination during this time. I do have AR7200BX on my Tarot 450 and my Gaui X3 . If i can't fine the vibration, then I will take one of them off and try it on the 500. The AR7300BX was on my Gaui and she flew great. After buying the 500 from a friend, I put the 7300 on it. I'm hoping it's not the AR.
Yesterday, I reset the TX/AR and my settings and started all over. I haven't had the chance to try it out because of the rain and wind. I probably won't be able to test flight her again today til the weather lets up. I did notice that my tail shaft bearings has a slight play in it. I do have a brand new tail assembly that I'm going to put on today. I do thank you for the offer jcfernan51 :biggrin-new:.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Positive update. The bearings were worn out enough that as my speed increased from stunt 1 to 2 the vibration was too much and made the heli tilt. Once I installed a new tail assembly unit and some fine tune adjusting on the servo links and now she back to her old self. Thank you everyone and my wife also thanks RC Help. Since I didn't have to buy an AR7300BX......she got an early Valentines Day gift. P1200073.jpg

P1200073.jpg

trainrider06

Ah glad to hear it's been resolved!
Is that a ferret? What's his/her name? My wife wants a dang "miniature pig"
I told her there is no such thing as a "miniature pig" but she is convinced that there is such a thing!
I'm kinda wondering about my bearings in my 500, I noticed when I turned the shaft on it and put a slight pressure on the side of the shaft as I rotated it that there seemed to be a very slight rough feeling to it...
Might aught pop em out and replace em I guess.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Ah glad to hear it's been resolved!
Is that a ferret? What's his/her name? My wife wants a dang "miniature pig"
I told her there is no such thing as a "miniature pig" but she is convinced that there is such a thing!
I'm kinda wondering about my bearings in my 500, I noticed when I turned the shaft on it and put a slight pressure on the side of the shaft as I rotated it that there seemed to be a very slight rough feeling to it...
Might aught pop em out and replace em I guess.

Hey Rodney, Yeah the 500 is back. Yes that is a ferret and his 8 wks old and his name is ghost. Your wife is right. The miniature pig is called a "Pot Belly Pig" My wife wanted one too.... what for...... shes got me instead. LOL.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Rodney, Yeah the 500 is back. Yes that is a ferret and his 8 wks old and his name is ghost. Your wife is right. The miniature pig is called a "Pot Belly Pig" My wife wanted one too.... what for...... shes got me instead. LOL.

On the bearing side, when in doubt change it out.

trainrider06

She's seeming to think they don't get very big like 30-40 lbs...told her as a zero
Yup your right? Gonna order some tonight!

Tony

Staff member
Dammit, now I want some bacon and I just ate the last pack the other day. And I can't stand ferrets. Biting little bastages hahahahaha.

As for the bearings, how often are you cleaning and lubing them? Should be a max of every 10 flights.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Dammit, now I want some bacon and I just ate the last pack the other day. And I can't stand ferrets. Biting little bastages hahahahaha.

As for the bearings, how often are you cleaning and lubing them? Should be a max of every 10 flights.

Hey Tony, I'm real good about cleaning and lubing bearings on my helis. The person who had the 500 before me, I'm not sure but they will be up to regular cleaning and lubing from here on in. As for the ferret...... as long as the wife is happy, I'm happy and that's what count for me.

Tony

Staff member
I feel ya on the being happy. lol.

I'm wondering if you didn't have a dry bearing with teh balls just rattling around in the cages causing some glitches. Either way, glad you got it going.

I still want bacon...

trainrider06

Oh Lord! My wife would be very upset to see these posts! Lol
No pigs here! At least for now, the wife though keeps saying "one day I am getting a pig"
She is so convinced that there is such a thing as "miniature pigs".
Refuses to even read the stuff I find to show her different!
Women!

Rodney, my wife keeps telling me she want teacup pig. They are sold as "will only grow if you feed them to much" riiight! That is not happening.

Now to the real topic, it was mentioned cleaning and lub bearings. How do one clean a closed bearing?

trainrider06

Thats what I keep telling her, from everything I have read people have to starve em to death to even keep em a smaller size! She would feed the crap outta it and it would be 500lbs is what would happen to it.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Well, You can one of these..... I sometime get some expert flying advice from this character.P1200075.jpg

P1200075.jpg

Top Bottom