500 Help needed

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey all. My 500 started to act up. Keep your eye on the servos. This happens when I'm in stunt mode and I switch to stunt1 or stunt2. I have the DX6, KST 515MG, Yep 80a and AR7300BX. The electronics are fairly new Any suggestion will be appreciated and thanks in advance. P1190071 - YouTube

heli-maniac

Un hook the motor and then go in to Idle up and see if it still dose it

As uneven as your main gear is it has vibes

Last edited:

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Un hook the motor and then go in to Idle up and see if it still dose it

As uneven as your main gear is it has vibes

Thanks superbad for that information. I didn't realize that my main gear was that uneven til you mention it. I'll replace the main gear and see what happens there.

trainrider06

Wow! That thing does tilt! That main gear looked like it was missing the shim between the main and auto rotate gear the way its rocking around there. As superbad says if that main gear is warped that could very well do it.
But it looked to me like that shims missing the way that gear wobbled...

Tony

Staff member
Definitely some vibration in there somewhere. Even your canopy mounts are rotating.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Definitely some vibration in there somewhere. Even your canopy mounts are rotating.

Hey there Tony. I did change the main gear and the auto rotation gear also. The shim is there too. Someone mention that the AR is bad but I don't think so, well I hope not. I guess I forgot to tighten the canopy mount before I did the video. I'll fire her up in the afternoon when it gets warm in the sunshine state. Not so sunshine when it's 27 degrees in the AM. I have to move father south to get the sunshine I guess. LOL.

Heliman450

Hi D.O.G., we've got about 8 inches of snow outside on the terrace and currently - 2.0 degrees C. It got down to - 11 a couple of days ago. Looks like the guys have spotted the problem, however, if you've now changed out the gears then I suppose the whole assembly is suspect to a greater or lesser degree.

How long have the parts been spinning together? Weeks, months or years? Bearings and main shaft must be worth looking at, too. I'm lucky at the moment as none of my parts have done much service. I'll need to get a hang of how frequently major parts wear out. The real deal have maintenance schedules to cover stuff like that along with the costs associated with it.

Good luck!

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey there Heilman 450. Last opps I had, I put a main gear that was in my bag of goodies. Wasn't sure if it was brand new or not. I went ahead and change the main gear,auto rotation gear and the main shaft with new stuff this time to make sure. I wont know til later on this afternoon. Thanks, I will post result after test flight.

Smoggie

I pretty much has to be vibration related. How is the mesh between the motor pinion and the main gear?.. If it's tight it will vibrate real bad. There must be a small amount of play between the gears.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
The mesh is fine between motor and main gear Smoggie. The shim is also in. I'm hoping everything I change,Main and auto gear plus main shaft.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Well after changing the gears "Main/auto rotation" and "main/feathering" shaft, no luck today. My next choice is to try resetting the TX and AR like Marius/Derek said and start all over to see if that works. If not, well then a new AR7300BX is in order, I guess. I running out of ideas. I'll try the 500 sometime today to see if the resetting of TX/AR works. Even though replacing the parts didn't work,Thanks everyone for your help. I'll keep on trying stuff out.

Heliman450

Well after changing the gears "Main/auto rotation" and "main/feathering" shaft, no luck today. My next choice is to try resetting the TX and AR like Marius/Derek said and start all over to see if that works. If not, well then a new AR7300BX is in order, I guess. I running out of ideas. I'll try the 500 sometime today to see if the resetting of TX/AR works. Even though replacing the parts didn't work,Thanks everyone for your help. I'll keep on trying stuff out.

Hi D.O.G., has the vibration gone? If not, have you checked the main shaft for wear around the main gear position and for overall straightness. If the shaft isn't perfectly true, then the main gear will "float" around. I use a digital calliper and am amazed at how useful it is when checking out actual measurements. Many are significantly out on items that are supposed to be the same size, e.g. I never measured anything that's supposed to be 3 or 4 mm diameter and got 3.00 mm, they're ALWAYS a bit +/-.

If the problem is still vibration, then I can't see how anything electronic is causing it.

If you do decide a change in gyro, the Spirit Pro has a vibration monitoring feature and if it lives up to its claims, then you should be able to pin-point what it is.

Good luck!

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hi D.O.G., has the vibration gone? If not, have you checked the main shaft for wear around the main gear position and for overall straightness. If the shaft isn't perfectly true, then the main gear will "float" around. I use a digital calliper and am amazed at how useful it is when checking out actual measurements. Many are significantly out on items that are supposed to be the same size, e.g. I never measured anything that's supposed to be 3 or 4 mm diameter and got 3.00 mm, they're ALWAYS a bit +/-.

If the problem is still vibration, then I can't see how anything electronic is causing it.

If you do decide a change in gyro, the Spirit Pro has a vibration monitoring feature and if it lives up to its claims, then you should be able to pin-point what it is.

Good luck!

Thanks Heliman450. I will fine out where that vibration is coming from. Your right. It shouldn't be a electronic
issue since everything is pretty much new. I'll give it the old college try. Oh yeah that's right, I didn't finished college. LOL.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
D.O.G. Did the 500 fly before this? With same FBL controller???

The 500 did fly before but not with that FBL unit. I did have the AR7300BX on my Gaui X3 and she flew great before I put it on the 500. I did write down the settings on my 450 and X3 and transfer the settings this morning to the 500. The 450 and the X3 has the AR7200BX and their settings are real close to each other. The AR7300BX, to me, is no different then the 7200BX besides the size and the spare power connector.

D.O.G. if you are trying to isolate for vibration start removing moving parts. Remove the head and run the shaft by itself if that does not do it remove the tail boom. If that does not do it let me know I have an AR7300BX and an AR7200BX that I am not using at the moment that you can use to figure out if there is something wrong with yours. I am south of you in Riverview this is south of Brandon east of Tampa.

Top Bottom