Heli lost in pond forever

I just watched the flight video, Tony. That's a real bummer! Your flight was going so well, too! Every turn looked very smooth and deliberate. Your grappling hook really looks good. I do hope you can recover the 450. Do you have any friends or family that might help with the search? Sometimes it's really nice to have multiple sets of eyes around.

I wish you the best of luck, Tony! I'd really hate to not see you around the forum.

Thanks Derek, I'll keep trying. The mrs got me some big Welles today, lol, bless her. Don't think they'll be much good. I'm going to try again tonight from a different angle. It definitely went down behind that small tree.

No more eyes I'm afraid, family live too far away... Just the mrs and I....

I'll take my iPad and the mrs can do a video...

Kev... No dingy mate, but I'll buy one if it comes to that...lol

Thanks guys...

EyeStation

Got to get one of those FPV quads out there to give you a better view into the water. Somebody, help a brother out!

sarconastic

I have 3 suggestions, Polarized sunglasses for your eyes to break the glare of the water, Circular Polarizer filter on a camera lens to see through the water as well if available. You can many times see several feet down with the right polarizer. and a Garden rake to drag the bottom with. It will help you cover more ground faster. We recovered a lost set of keys in 6 foot of water with a garden rake dragging the bottom. MP10002866412_P255045_500X500.jpgHere is a pic just incase Garden rake means something different across the pond.

Good Luck and hope you find it.

WOody

MP10002866412_P255045_500X500.jpg

treff

I'm afraid you need fpv on a submarine looking at the state of the water. Put your swimming gear on Tony and go for it before it gets to cold. Get the missus to
hold a line tied around your waist and in you go mate. Oh forgot to mention the snorkel and mask. Failing that is there a local aqu club or even the fire brigade like
a challenge every now and again. Good luck

Just got home after hours of searching, the only thing I recovered was this...

image.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I have 3 suggestions, Polarized sunglasses for your eyes to break the glare of the water, Circular Polarizer filter on a camera lens to see through the water as well if available. You can many times see several feet down with the right polarizer. and a Garden rake to drag the bottom with. It will help you cover more ground faster. We recovered a lost set of keys in 6 foot of water with a garden rake dragging the bottom. View attachment 12849Here is a pic just incase Garden rake means something different across the pond.

Good Luck and hope you find it.

WOody

Good idea Woody, I'll need a dingy also I think, water is far too deep to walk across, and it's bloody freezing and stinks, it's a stagnant pond...

- - - Updated - - -

I'm afraid you need fpv on a submarine looking at the state of the water. Put your swimming gear on Tony and go for it before it gets to cold. Get the missus to
hold a line tied around your waist and in you go mate. Oh forgot to mention the snorkel and mask. Failing that is there a local aqu club or even the fire brigade like
a challenge every now and again. Good luck

I'm not swimming in that Treff, it stinks... Haha....

Looks like it's a dingy and garden rake with extension..... I've always wanted an inflatable kayak...lol

image.jpg

Graham Lawrie

If I was there I would swim in it for you to look for it:) Bad luck:( I could speak to Cameron and maybe sent Kevs old 450 to you? Flys very bad LOL and has a Welsh flag on the canopy:)

Last resort Tony. JCB, big trench. Drain that sucker.

Haha, nice one Treff..

- - - Updated - - -

If I was there I would swim in it for you to look for it:) Bad luck:( I could speak to Cameron and maybe sent Kevs old 450 to you? Flys very bad LOL and has a Welsh flag on the canopy:)

Thanks Graham, not nice water mate. At the minute I wouldn't be bothered about a welsh flag... Haha...

I've had my fun I guess, loved flying that bird

Slobberdog

Dude flys bad for you or Cam, lol it was terrible when my thumbs were controlling it, lol,

Ken Jackson

Just catching up. Tony that really sucks. maybe I missed it but is a canoe a possibility. I wouldn't want to swim or try and walk in that but I'd sure do some paddling. Best canoe trips I've been on all required getting out the boat and carrying it sometimes.

Good Luck! For a heli I'm not sure what I'd do. Be different if you didn't know exactly where it was but...

Ken

Just catching up. Tony that really sucks. maybe I missed it but is a canoe a possibility. I wouldn't want to swim or try and walk in that but I'd sure do some paddling. Best canoe trips I've been on all required getting out the boat and carrying it sometimes.

Good Luck! For a heli I'm not sure what I'd do. Be different if you didn't know exactly where it was but...

Ken

Thanks Ken, I did think of getting an inflatable kayak or something but it's probably wrecked anyway so there it lies now.

Pointless crying over spilt milk, I had some great flying since I converted it to FBL and have lots of videos of it, think I'll just leave it at that...

I'd like to thank everyone on the forum for all the help I've had in the past. If I ever get another heli I'll be back...

Slobberdog

yeah get a rake and attach it to a length of batten maybe 10 or 12 ft worth then rake the bottom you will have so much more coverage with that

yeah get a rake and attach it to a length of batten maybe 10 or 12 ft worth then rake the bottom you will have so much more coverage with that

I'm going to buy a kayak Kev, just waiting for some opinions off the members on them, put a post up with a link to a one, quite cheap too, can use when we go away..

Ken Jackson

Now thats great news. I couldn't believe you were going to give up with the passion for flying that you have. You may be surprised how little damage there is. It did go down with no power, doubt the gears are even bad.

Good luck and keep us posted.

ken

Stambo

Yeah good luck mate.
I would be leaning towards the camera idea.
Maybe with some lights as well.
Monitor in the kayak and away you go.
Even better if you get a 2 person kayak, one to paddle and one to watch the video. :)

Top Bottom