Heli lost in pond forever

hiya Guys

Had a great night flying with first 3 Lipos, never video'd them as i was just doing boring stuff... done some stall turns with Pirouettes, some flying in IU (new to me). even attempted inverted flight but chickened out half way...lol... just basically enjoying my Heli...

4th Lipo i asked the Mrs to record the flight as i wanted at least one recording, she wouldnt get out the car because of all the midgies/mosquitoes... god their a pain... anyway, flying around great, it was about 80 Mtrs in front of me and it just died.... no throttle at all... beyond those trees is a stagnant pond (you may have seen it on previous vids), well thats where it ended up and is staying....

this is its final resting place. to be honest im absolutely gutted, it was the only heli i had and loved flying it, we've been through some disasters....lol......

well i cant get another one so i guess its time to say farewell to all you guys out there. i dont really have anything to contribute but will pop in now and again to see how ya all doing...!!!

you only need to watch the last few seconds of this vid if you want...

this is where it lies
IMG_0260.jpg
IMG_0261.jpg
IMG_0262.jpg
IMG_0263.jpg
IMG_0264.jpg
IMG_0265.jpg

Spot the tail Blade
IMG_0266.jpg

again in this photo
IMG_0267.jpg

thanks to everyone who's helped me out in the past, love this forum and will recommend it to anyone...

IMG_0260.jpg

IMG_0261.jpg

IMG_0262.jpg

IMG_0263.jpg

IMG_0264.jpg

IMG_0265.jpg

IMG_0266.jpg

IMG_0267.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

treff

So sorry to hear that Tony. Can't you get some sort of grapple on a rope and try a bit of dredging to get it back.
I bet there is little damage and it may be worth ago to get you back in the air. I have waded through worse in my time
and it wasn't all water.

A sad ending to the 500's life there Tony. Very bummed for you.

Thanks Dave, it was a 450. Lol... Yeah I'm pretty gutted being my only heli...

- - - Updated - - -

So sorry to hear that Tony. Can't you get some sort of grapple on a rope and try a bit of dredging to get it back.
I bet there is little damage and it may be worth ago to get you back in the air. I have waded through worse in my time
and it wasn't all water.

Thanks Treff, I've actually been in the garage tonight and made a long pole out of tent poles lol, I've gaff a taped them at each join, busy making a grappling hook out of a metal coat hanger now... I'll be back there as soon as it's light in the morn... I've been told the pond is very deep and has soft mud on the Bottom. So hopes not to high, but I've never gave up with this heli so here's hoping...

Lee

Mate thats not good news.
You'll get it back.
I dropped a quadcopter in the sea a few years ago.
Washed everything in fresh water.
All four motors, one ESC and the flight control board are all still working to this day.
Don't give up yet. You've got to come fly with me here in Spain.

Mate thats not good news.
You'll get it back.
I dropped a quadcopter in the sea a few years ago.
Washed everything in fresh water.
All four motors, one ESC and the flight control board are all still working to this day.
Don't give up yet. You've got to come fly with me here in Spain.

Haha, yeah well if I don't get it back I'll bring my hubsan x4. Hahaha..

Can't figure out what happened, that was the 4th lipo, it was doing great... I'm wondering if the RX gave up, lost signal or something, maybe due to low battery, not sure... The TX batteries were at 6.1volt.

wolfman76

maybe a lipo went bad and your esc was set for cutoff at low voltage or maybe the battery wasn't full charge and you thought it was charged is possible... hope you get her back toni atleast maybe the motor and heli herself may be salvageable get some electronics parts cleaner and spray everything off real good especially the motor.... and allow plenty of dry time good luck buddy that will be big game fishing.. lol

Last edited:

Stambo

Bummer dude, I wish you luck with your fishing.
Really sux when you don't know a cause.
Even if you find it you probably never will.

I wonder what else you will find in there. :)

Slobberdog

have you searched the surrounding area, might not have landed in the pond, did it make it past all the trees,

But i thought you could see the tail blades? :(

yes i did Lee, and this morn i seen this..... looks like part of the main blade. the pond is so deep, i was dragging weed and sunken branches back but no heli...

20140911_083830.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

have you searched the surrounding area, might not have landed in the pond, did it make it past all the trees,

yes i have Kev, im pretty certain i heard it smack into the water, some of the weeds down there are taller than me. ive been there since 6 this morning. ill go back later after work and have another look..

20140911_083830.jpg

Derek

I just watched the flight video, Tony. That's a real bummer! Your flight was going so well, too! Every turn looked very smooth and deliberate. Your grappling hook really looks good. I do hope you can recover the 450. Do you have any friends or family that might help with the search? Sometimes it's really nice to have multiple sets of eyes around.

I wish you the best of luck, Tony! I'd really hate to not see you around the forum.

Top Bottom