Heli lost in pond forever

Now thats great news. I couldn't believe you were going to give up with the passion for flying that you have. You may be surprised how little damage there is. It did go down with no power, doubt the gears are even bad.

Good luck and keep us posted.

ken

Yeah your right Ken, it's in the blood now, I have to get it back somehow

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah good luck mate.
I would be leaning towards the camera idea.
Maybe with some lights as well.
Monitor in the kayak and away you go.
Even better if you get a 2 person kayak, one to paddle and one to watch the video. :)

Well I've got my kayak now, so tomorrow I'll be in the pond, going to try the garden rake idea first as I don't have all the camera gear I need really... Yes it's a two man kayak, but there's no way the mrs will go in.... Haha, she hates water because she can't swim...

Thanks guys, I'll keep this thread updated, the mrs is going to video me trying to get it back....lol

Derek

I'm so glad to hear that you are going to go after the helicopter, Tony! No, it's not going to be the most pleasant experience but I think you'll much happy to have it back. Clean it up, order some new parts and get back flying. I am sure that all of use could see your improvements in your flying and there is a certain amount of "achievement" to flying helicopters and you were definitely at that point. Keep your chin up, think positive thoughts, and I wish you the best of luck!!!

My new Kayak, waiting for air pumps to charge..

image.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

How about a big magnet?
Is there anything on a heli that a magnet would pick up?

I think there's only the main shaft really Stambo, don't think there would be enough surface area for a magnet to pick it up, but it could maybe locate it if the rake doesn't work....thanks for the idea though

- - - Updated - - -

I'm so glad to hear that you are going to go after the helicopter, Tony! No, it's not going to be the most pleasant experience but I think you'll much happy to have it back. Clean it up, order some new parts and get back flying. I am sure that all of use could see your improvements in your flying and there is a certain amount of "achievement" to flying helicopters and you were definitely at that point. Keep your chin up, think positive thoughts, and I wish you the best of luck!!!

Thanks Derek, yeah I was certainly getting better and more confident with it. I will be having a go tomorrow to get her back...

image.jpg

Hope you have practiced your support strokes and t-rescue:)

Erm, no.. Haha, never been in a kayak in my life Graham. It's an open kayak, so if it tips I'm straight in the water. I am still a fairly good swimmer although the sudden cold water might play havoc... Lol

Just checked both those manoeuvres out on YouTube, the t-rescue won't be an issue in this kayak as I'm not closed in...

Thanks for the info tho Graham, good to know these things..

Last edited:
Top Bottom