General Heli carry case

Boogs

If I only had a basement! On the bright side, it's supposed to cool down, temps in the 90's this week.

Boogs

LOL, no kidding. Thursday's high ended up at 118 here at the house, a new high since I got my weather station 5 years ago. Beat the previous high of 116 back in '13.

Boogs

OK made some headway. I'm going to use a lighter stain on the corner molding, still need to get the carriage bolts, wing nuts and a handle.
DSCN2859.JPG DSCN2861.JPG DSCN2863.JPG
Then a coat or 5 of spar varnish. Egg crate foam for the inside.

Jimbo

Very nice indeed Rick. You will need handles on each end, so your wife can help you carry it to the park.

Jim

Last edited:

Boogs

Now that is a case. Looks great.

Very nice indeed Rick. You will need handles on each end, so your wife can help you carry it to the park.

Jim

Looking really good :yourock:

That looks FANTASTIC! Your helicopter will be proud to ride around in that. :)

Thanks everyone. Decided to go with a shoulder strap rather than a handle. Having a hard time sourcing "D" rings, unless I want 100 or so, but I have an option or two yet.

bigone5500

I need to build one of these for my 270 CFX. Transporting it in the factory case is a pain in the
256x256bb.jpg

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey Rick, the case is looking good. If your looking for rings for shoulder strap, might sound silly but try looking at the shower curtain rings. They have all size and styles.

bigone5500

Boogs

These are cheap enough if you want D type rings. You can mount them with some nylon strap which can be found at a hardware store. But so can the rings. I'd prefer a metal mounting plate for them myself though.

US Warehouse | 10pcs D Rings Ferrule Ribbon Clasp Knapsack Belt Buckle 15mm
That is what I ended up with from a local crafts store. I have a sheet of thin Al I hope to make a mounting plate with, it's pretty soft so it should work OK. I have a shoulder strap from an old gym bag.

bigone5500

Yeah. I'm gonna rebuild it. I'll then find a larger field to do my flying. I've come to accept that this hobby is expensive and there will be crashes. It's just how it is. I still enjoy it.

Top Bottom