General Heli carry case

Boogs

With a bunch of scrap lumber from our remodel, I decided to put it to good use and build a box to transport my 300 X to and from the park and home. The outer shell is cut and I'll build an inner frame work for it. Yesterday I was going to go to the hardware store, but other things got in the way. There's not much to look at just yet, but if I can get the inner bits cut and hardware bought, I'll post up some pictures. I'm using Ecuadorian Sande ply for the skin. Meanwhile, if you've built a carry case for your heli, I'd like to see it.
endesa-products-2.jpg

Geena

Staff member
I built one several years ago, out aluminum tread-brite. ( aluminum diamond plate) To haul my two Align 450 pros and 500 ESP. I can`t wait to your. Keep us posted. :)

Jimbo

I have a tendency to "over build" things and I wanted to keep the weight down. I took the top of a plastic tool box, added carry straps and it is light. Two strips of Velcro secure the skids, TX sits under the tail boom and batteries Velcro along the side. I wanted to keep the lid on the tool box, but could not find one deep enough. There has to be one out there, so I will keep looking, but for now, this works.

Jim

CCA.JPG

CCB.JPG

Tony

Staff member
I would be scared of that tail Jim. My luck, it would be bent around to the side lol.

This is a great thread. I can't wait to see how you build one out of wood Boogs!

And Geena, of course you build one out of Aluminum.... lmao.

Jimbo

Tony, I only have a short walk out to the back pasture. A longer trip could be a problem.

I too am looking forward to seeing other ideas. I just might find something I like better.

Jim

Tony

Staff member
I miss living on 5+ acres, that's for sure. This couple of acres stuff is for the birds lmao.

Boogs

That's thinking "outside the box" Jim! Al would be fantastic, just don't have the tools to work it, other than a hacksaw and file lol. Hope to have something worth photographing later today.

Boogs

Got the pieces glued and nailed, looks something like a box now. Still haven't got the hardware. Getting ready to stain and varnish.DSCN2854.JPG DSCN2855.JPG DSCN2856.JPG

Boogs

Outside dimensions are 24" L X 8 3/4" W X 8 3/4" H

Inside are 23 1/2" L X 8 1/4" W X 8 1/4" H

Current weight is 6 lbs 2 oz, total finished weight should be about 10 lbs.

Geena

Staff member
Man! That`s looking nice. Are you going to paint it, or stain and varnish it? Either way, it`s going to look fantastic when you get it finished. Great job.

Boogs

Thanks Geena, stain and varnish. I have a nice Cherry wood stain that looks really good on this stuff.

Boogs

102 F three days ago, 107 two days ago, 112 yesterday. Did get the edge molding I wanted and some hardware, got the basic box stained and some of the molding cut, but it gets too dad gum hot in the wood shop to get much done.

Boogs

High pressure ridge isn't moving, but if I could, I'd send y'all some. Wouldn't mind at all sharing!

Working on setting hinges, that may be all for today, just hit 100 F.

Top Bottom