FBL Gyro Head locking mode?

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I am confused be the above statement. I thought 0 was typically HH mode and 1 was rate mode. Therefore, 0 should be about 65% and 1 should be about 35%, correct?

Gyro switch is just that .. A switch. HH can sit anywhere 0 or 1 . Doesn't make a difference it's all through the programming anyway. :)

Bruno

Gyro switch is just that .. A switch. HH can sit anywhere 0 or 1 . Doesn't make a difference it's all through the programming anyway. :)

Ahhhh....right.

So it's not whether it's 1 or 0. If 0 is greater than 50% than that is HH mode. If 1 is gretaer than 50% then that is HH mode, correct?

murankar

Staff member
yes that is correct. It's a preference thing as to what switch position you use. On my radio I have rate mode on 0 and HH on 1. Two reasons, first my gyro needs to be initialized on rate mode and reason two is my radio does not like and switch being in the one position while turning it on.

Something I learned from my new gyro manual is that your percentage ranges should be 0-49% and 51-100% with 50% being neutral. JR suggests that you do not use 50% at all simply because that setting has no effect either way.

Extensa

I went to a local helicopter club and met all the guys there, asked lots of questions, and watched some amazing 3D flying. So glad I went would recommend anyone to do the same. When I got home I decided to take the plunge and change all the settings on transmitter, I took the servo horns off and re-centred them, put all linkage arms to the lengths from the manual, re-attached at 90 degree's, sub trimmed them spot on, made sure swash plate was moving in the correct direction, then in stunt mode I adjusted blade pitch to -10, 0, +10 spot on with digital pitch gauge.
In the test "hover" because I can't fly yet :) all I had to do is put 2 clicks of right trim on the Ail. now it hovers perfect and it spoils up so smooth + the stunt mode seems to work not that I flew it in stunt mode, just left it at 25% throttle now just need to get my friend to film me hovering :) Just want to say thanks for every ones help couldn't of done it with out you :)

Tony

Staff member
And here I had all of this ready to be typed up and you have it all done already lol. Great job. As for your question before, you center the arms at mid stick or wherever 50% is on your pitch curve. Sounds to me like you have this thing dialed in pretty good. Can't wait to see the video!

Extensa

Thanks for the thought Tony, it was actually one of your build and setup vids I found that filled in the blanks that I wasn't sure about :) has given me more confidents knowing how the heli has been set up and knowing exactly what the sticks are going to do and what point + I know how to fix the heli "when" I crash lol :)

Top Bottom