Hate computers

Adam

So i have two coputers an all in one desktop downstairs in hobby room and toshiba laptop in living room and all of a sudden firefox on this comp sucks. I uninstalled and reinstalled and did nothing. I have no clue what to do its working better than before but still not like it used to be. Time to call geek squad.

murankar

Staff member
Ok, so is it the laptop or the all-in-one?

To be honest I am not sure how to fix that issue. IF things are going good on the other puter then it's not your connection to the net. next I would look at memory usage and see if that is an issue, usually if the web slows down like that then your resources are being over consumed. Outside of that I am not sure what to say.

Adam

ok lee you and my wife would get along she has the iPhone and icant stand it lol. Burma Google chrome no problems

murankar

Staff member
Apple sucks because of it's price. IF you want to go mac then just buy a PC based puter and put ubuntu on it. It's basically the same thing just a $1000 cheaper.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
That's like buy a dodge neon and out wheels with Mercedes logo on them and the hood and calling it a Mercedes just 100000 cheaper hahahahahahahahjahaha

When you use it, you'll know! ;)

Tony

Staff member
Apple is still using Intel Mobo's and CPU's. Everything else is just software. This is why I will not buy apple. Too restricted for what I do.

As for the OP problem, we will need a LOT more information to help you out. When you say it sucks, do you just hate FF or did it get stupid slow? Is it locking up? what's going on exactly? You may need to clear out your cache and remove your cookies and temp internet files. There is a lot you can do to clean out the computer to make it fast again. But some computers are old and can't be saved.

stokke

Sorry Adam, but it has to be done. LOL :D

mac-vs-pc.jpg

murankar

Staff member
Sorry I have a huge disdain for Mac. It's highway robbery in my eyes. Yes while some Macs come Intel based some do not. It's up to the buyer to ask the questions to find out.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Lol I was exactly where you were. I tried it. And never looked back. And who says macs aren't customizable or user friendly or fast! Lol I have two work laptops that are high end windows and one MacBook Pro. I have tried and tried to get high end software like video and audio processing (adobe stuff) to run on my windows and my stock Mac out performs both my souped up windows laptops... I let my numbers speak. :)

I open my Mac and it goes no lag between recoveries. No crashes 5 years. Never had to format and has been fine. My wide has had her old MacBook with everything stock minis a battry replacement and has been going for 7.5 years now. It's well worthy the money. That's why I always use Mercedes vs dodge neon all the time.

Dodge will get you there too. But merc will do it fast and in style! ;)

murankar

Staff member
I run Ubuntu mostly. Mac is based on BSD Unix and Linux is based on Unix. Ubuntu is free, except the tech support and in most cases that can be free also.

Adam

ok so the problem is I open Firefox and by the time I open a site it says ff not responding. ie works but haven't used it in about three years. chrome works also But my ff on my phone and other computer work just fine

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I have hat problem with ie on my Lappy. I'm thinking it's cause there are to many resources using the system and not enough left for ie to work properly.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Try to turn off all adding if you can. That could be add ons of Firefox just failing and creating issues. Update things like java or adobe flash to see if that fixes it..

murankar

Staff member
It's one of two things or both, either it's the add-ons (even the ones you did not know installed and those pesky tool bars) and/or apps that run in the background. I know on my system all I need to do is use htop on cli and that shows me everything I need to know about my recsources.

Top Bottom