450 Hate clones

Well been working on my clone. Havent done much flying on it yet, n now need to replace more parts on it. Seriously wish i waited n spent a bit more on a new align or similar bird.
Getting really frustrated that im spending all my time building n replacing crap parts. I will beat this thing, but when i do ill also have something much better!
I echo Treffs frustrations with these models n Tonys blog bout clones. Cheap chinese you know what

Tony

Staff member
Yup, you have learned as all of us have. At one time or another, most of us on this forum have started out cheap and learned our lesson. The only reason I have my old clone back is because #1 it was cheap and #2 I know it was a half way decent bird. Little did I forget that it does still have issues lmao. YOu will see those in the flybar head setup video that I just finished editing. Rendering now and should take about a month and a half to upload lmao. It's only 35 minutes long... :chuckles:

Westy

LEGEND
I had the exact same issue! I ended up Spending more than the new Align 450 Sport V3 ..... (that was the clone copy of)

treff

I echo every sentiment here. You say you could have brought an Align bird with the money you have spent on replacement parts I think I could have brought one of those big green birds and have money left over for two 600 batteries and caught a plane to LA and flown in that beautiful sunshine and had money left over to have a lobster dinner for 2 at one of those swanky restaurants and had money left over for a very nice bottle of the finest wine and had money to fly to fly to Taiwan or China to the place where they make all the finely tune engineering bits and piece and rollock the engineers for such bloody awful rubbish and had money....................................I think you take my point. Cheers

Just a hint if you wanna see where they do the nice bitsvon the big green goblins its a trip to Vietnam :wink:
I shouldve known better with the industry I work in haha oh well.
Lesson learned and my hk trex will be in the air again soon enough! Then shelved to make room for that nice big green bird hehe

Karubah

Hey , Corsair do you want to buy an Align 450 DFC ? I think I might sell mine as I would like to put a bit more into FPV on the quad.

Hey Andy I'll get back to you. Someone from my club is selling his trex 500 dfc that I'm keen on.
Pm me with what you were thinking and I'll get back to you

DAL2855

Banned
That's for sure rchelipilot! I've had these two clones for almost 3 months now and have only been able to have ONE somewhat successful flight between the two birds! My 2 Align 450 DFC Pro's will hopefully arrive on tues or weds next week! God I can't wait to get those two birds! And finally start to get some real flight time!

idon'tknow!

rc-help EXPERT.......????
The only advantage to clones that i see is instead of spending 400-900 all in one go, your spending it over time buying upgrades here, upgrades there, or at least that's what i found, yes it is more $$$ in the long run, but i didn't have to spend several 100's at one time.

Tony

Staff member
Yes, you do spread out the price over time like you purchased it on credit, however, replacing part after part, crash after crash tends to discourage people and they leave the hobby.

idon'tknow!

rc-help EXPERT.......????
Yes, you do spread out the price over time like you purchased it on credit, however, replacing part after part, crash after crash tends to discourage people and they leave the hobby.

yes I agree... I was almost one of them.

True! I had the 250Clone and just gave up and gave it away.
something that small, could get frustrating if it kept on braking... I found the larger the bird the less likely you are to give it away. A 250 is rather cheap, so no big loss if you regain interest.

Westy

LEGEND
The only advantage to clones that i see is instead of spending 400-900 all in one go, your spending it over time buying upgrades here, upgrades there, or at least that's what i found, yes it is more $$$ in the long run, but i didn't have to spend several 100's at one time.

I just did that theory on my New Goblin! .... Got a good deal with Deferred Payments and no interest over 6 Months! .... so! .... hey it is just like saving .... but I got it now!

I completely agree with Tony ..... Clones are a hobby Killer! ... not only are you challenged with inexperience as far as pilot coordination, you have to deal with the fact that you are trying to fly a hand grenade..... with an unknown blow time!

Spend the money and do it right .... then you are only contending with the Pilot issue and not the machine reliability and accuracy in flight.....

If I had known anyone... Anyone .... that could have given me that Advice, I would have been way further ahead than I am!...... However in saying that... I am very ...very good at fxing them now :) LMAO!

Funny thinguyen was guy from local club told me bout his and he had an alright run with his. I got million e complained n then found out his was nearly all align now too! Haha
He has also moved onto decent birds, n given my time agaim id have started with the align n actually be enjoying the flying. They really aren't that expensive to fix. Bit more up front, but pzrts aren't that dear. So I really don't see huge advantages with the clones anymore !

Westy

LEGEND
If not align .... then definately
ALZRC or TAROT as a start base.

I use a lot of Tarot parts on upgrades I do for non performing PLastic clone heads and tails etc .... they make a nice quality set of bits .... at a much lower cost than Align

Yeah found out last night head is screwed as well, so looks like more money spent on this pile of Chinese you know what.
Spent more time with it on my desk with various drivers n stuff rathere than battery attached and spooled up!
Learnt a lot but frustrating as hello, but I won't be beaten, bout to make it flybarless

Top Bottom