450 Hate clones

Will have a look and see. Then there is still the fbl controller. Do I want to go ikon or similar now or do I go Tarot xyz at a fraction of the cost. Want good but not awesome. This one is going to be a throw away chopper.
Or I can just fix it up sell it off n take up one of the offers of someone elses bird so I can go flying until my finances allow me to follow a trend n get the green eyed goblin!

Westy

LEGEND
I have heard of some issues with the Tarot controller ... and the 3GX and the IKON ..... hahaa .... so not sure what to say. For me .... I can't afford to risk on my Goblin a Tarot FBL controller .... but I guest if I was doing a cheap build on a 450, I would consider using one!

Goblin I wouldn't hesitate on an ikon. On the cheap 450 then not so worried. I also don't want to get a Tarot and still have issues and want to toss the whole thing in the bin. Time will tell. Will do some research and go from there.

Westy

LEGEND
I have not had a problem with the quality of tarot componentry..... anyway your call of course :)

DAL2855

Banned
I've only had one issue with the Tarot ZYX FBL controller, but after hooking it back up to the computer and re-updating the firmware, cured the issue! Love how smooth they are!

callsign4223

Staff member
If you have the funds I would suggest grabbing xokia's ar7200bx he has in the for sale section. $150 is a steal for that thing.

idon'tknow!

rc-help EXPERT.......????
I just did that theory on my New Goblin! .... Got a good deal with Deferred Payments and no interest over 6 Months! .... so! .... hey it is just like saving .... but I got it now!

I completely agree with Tony ..... Clones are a hobby Killer! ... not only are you challenged with inexperience as far as pilot coordination, you have to deal with the fact that you are trying to fly a hand grenade..... with an unknown blow time!

Spend the money and do it right .... then you are only contending with the Pilot issue and not the machine reliability and accuracy in flight.....

If I had known anyone... Anyone .... that could have given me that Advice, I would have been way further ahead than I am!...... However in saying that... I am very ...very good at fxing them now :) LMAO!

I learned how to fix a helicopter much like you did... through the clones. My 500 when it was still all HK almost sent me to the emergency room...lol, what a way to learn to fly... I just can't stop laughing as I look back.

Matt I think you're onto something there. I should have that cash very soon. Must remember to keep looking in the for sale section!

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
Sigh! the love of the sport. like I said before its freakin "ADDICTIVE".:puppy_dog_eyes: at the field yesterday they had a for sale sign on a Raptor 90 BNF with parts, stand, starter all for a 1K. Hmmm! Do I need a nitro?:biggrin1:

DAL2855

Banned
Island, I can get you a 50 class nitro NIB alot cheaper, dunno yet what all it comes with but a good friend of mine has it for sale. I plan on going over and taking a look at it sometime soon so I can see what all it comes with. I know he's told me that it doesn't come with a TX but I think other than that, it's pretty much complete. But I will definitely let everyone know about it and see if I can sell it for him. I would definitely buy it if I didn't already have a 600 class Nitro and who knows I might buy it anyways lol!

+1
My clone, hopefully won't suck too bad... it's a Bullet 450 I think.

- - - Updated - - -

uh, that was to the last post on the first page... sorry lol

DAL2855

Banned
I wouldn't count on it Blade! It's still a clone! I've bought two so far and have had one successful flight between the two in almost 3 months now! Got two Align 450 DFC Pro's on the way! Can't wait for them to get here so I can finally start flying!

Dirk

I almost bought a clone. I was looking at a Storm 460, a Copter X and an ALZRC. I even considered a Walkera (But I sat down for 5 minutes until the feeling went away). After reading up quite a bit on this forum, I decided to rather spend a little more and I bought an Align 450 DFC. I must say, it is probably the best heli I've ever had.

Diederik

I have two clones, properly set up and checked, one fitted with an FM and one without. One useing Hitech servo's, thats the one I am converting with a DFC head and another, my first ever heli running cheap stuff. Both have given me excellent service. You should realize it is a clone you are buying. Both of them are only using stuff I have bought from either HK or from Go Go RC. I also have a few FP 4 channel from HK, crashed over and over and over, the only stuff that has been replaced have been battery's and blades.

Maybe I am lucky or I make double, tripple sure that everything works. I only have time to fly Cp heli's over the weekends IOW 3 evenings during the week are spend either on forums or checking my heli's

- - - Updated - - -

I have two clones, properly set up and checked, one fitted with an FM and one without. One useing Hitech servo's, thats the one I am converting with a DFC head and another, my first ever heli running cheap stuff. Both have given me excellent service. You should realize it is a clone you are buying. Both of them are only using stuff I have bought from either HK or from Go Go RC. I also have a few FP 4 channel from HK, crashed over and over and over, the only stuff that has been replaced have been battery's and blades.

Maybe I am lucky or I make double, tripple sure that everything works. I only have time to fly Cp heli's over the weekends IOW 3 evenings during the week are spend either on forums or checking my heli's

xokia

True! I had the 250Clone and just gave up and gave it away.
mmm.....the align 250 pro dfc is bad enough I couldn't even imagine a clone.
I've made a few mistakes in this hobby and the worst and most frustrating one was buying a trex 250 pro dfc!!

xokia

What was wrong with the DFC?
I assume that question was towards my comment about the 250?

Screws went into soft plastic and they easily stripped out. ESC was junk the BEC would cause brown outs. And I could just never get it to fly right. Hovering it would do fine but once you started tossing it around it felt like you were flying jello. I also could easily blow the tail out. Tried all the different tail blades and it either jumped back and forth or wouldn't hold for squat. I've read you can change the tail servo out for an MKS95i I think it was to get a rock solid tail. But by then I had enough and was done with it. I cut my losses and sold it.

Top Bottom