General GYRO WHICH DO YOU RECOMMEND? 3gx, beastx AR7200BX

canongraphy

Hey guys, I am planning to get the 3GX for my 600, I have read and heard pro's and cons on all 3 so thought I would ask all you vets what you like and WHY do you recommend it?
I have read different ones seem better for different size birds, but is it just a matter of personal preference like say Ford Dodge or Chevy? <---notice who was last LOL Anyway I would love to hear everyones thoughts feeling and opinions.
Also, if you don't need a receiver with these, which satlelites do you recommend? Could I just use the AR8000 Rx I have on it now or would it be a waste to use that?

pick your poison from below please

Ikon

3GX

micro beastx

AR7200BX

Last edited:

heli-maniac

i hate the 3gx have had 2 and one just would not work at all the one that did work never could get it real steady it always would move around
i now have a Ar7200 bx on my 450 pro dfc and i never thought it would ever be that stable strait out of the box
i will be buying a Ikon for my trex 550 e and it should be the same if not better than the ar7200bx
but i wouldnt waste the money on a New 3GX only maybe if you get a used one for a good deal

Lee

Of those the AR7200 is the best. You can set it up without the need for a PC. Also may i suggest the IKON. I have the AR7200 and the Ikon. The Ikon has a bailout option. It also has 3 flight modes to choose from during flight. But you do need to set it up on a PC.

canongraphy

Of those the AR7200 is the best. You can set it up without the need for a PC. Also may i suggest the IKON. I have the AR7200 and the Ikon. The Ikon has a bailout option. It also has 3 flight modes to choose from during flight. But you do need to set it up on a PC.

Hey Lee, I will have to look the ICON up, as I have never seen or heard of that yet.
hmmm bailout option, yea sounds like I could of used that the other day LOL

Thanks Lee and Jesse for your comments!

heli-maniac

the IKON is the new line of the Brain
and to have the bail out option is why im getting it plus is a little cheaper than a AR7200bx if you look in the right spots
i am very pleased with My ar7200bx but have only tested it in a hover here at the house

canongraphy

the IKON is the new line of the Brain
and to have the bail out option is why im getting it plus is a little cheaper than a AR7200bx if you look in the right spots
i am very pleased with My ar7200bx but have only tested it in a hover here at the house

Jesse now" brain" I have heard people say that in video's but had no idea what it was just that they got the brain I see now.
I haven't found a vid of the bailout in action but will look for it. And if its around the price of these others I will definitely consider it.
I know a lot of people like beastx especially in bigger heli's but now have 4 to choose from!
No hurry I have a lot to by and get done before I have to decide. I did just watch a video of a guy with Ikon showing the software and setting it up.

xokia

I've had the 3GX and the 7200x so far. The 3GX can be a PITA to set up but flies just fine once properly set up. If I was in the market for a gyro I would probably look for something with the bail out feature. I would only get the 3GX if it came in a kit. But nothing wrong with a 3GX

Tony

Staff member
If it means anything, I'm thinking about selling the 3GX and getting the 7200BX. I have heard too many good things about it, and with the issues I had today trying to put the 600 in the air, I think it needs something better.

And you are a ford boy? Where in the HELL did I put that ban button... *looking around*

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Preference list for me ...

Ikon
7200 bx/ beastx
Tarot
Total G

FLYBAR BIRD

3GX ( I sold mine and won't ever go back .. It's fine for starting off. But long run it falls on its face. ) big birds ....I highly suggest making a one time investment and getting what's good!

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

Lee

The Ikon copes with Vibration better than the AR7200BX. It also has built in Gov. Its is head and shoulders above the others when you factor in the bail out function.

stokke

I have been flying my 3GX since June last year, and I've had hundreds of flights on it. The only downside with the 3GX is that it's counterparts are easier to set up. This is my personal opinion.

So if cash is a problem, then the 3GX is just fine - but if you can afford it, get one of the aforementioned systems above.

heli-maniac

I have been flying my 3GX since June last year, and I've had hundreds of flights on it. The only downside with the 3GX is that it's counterparts are easier to set up. This is my personal opinion.

So if cash is a problem, then the 3GX is just fine - but if you can afford it, get one of the aforementioned systems above.
this not a fair for you to put judgement on this hell do you even need a fbl system to fly

canongraphy

If it means anything, I'm thinking about selling the 3GX and getting the 7200BX. I have heard too many good things about it, and with the issues I had today trying to put the 600 in the air, I think it needs something better.

And you are a ford boy? Where in the HELL did I put that ban button... *looking around*

Hey now don't be haten on a Ford driver! LMAO it just so happens I drive a Ford Expedition but its old like me 1999 lol
I have owened several different Ford 4x4 pickups over the years you know "FORD TUFF" LOL
oh and besides school buses I have pulled many chevy and dodges out of a ditch over the years, its ok Tony LOL

Last edited:

canongraphy

Lee what satilites if any are running with the ikon and on the AR7200BX and on which birds? just curious

- - - Updated - - -

I am going to use an ikon on my new 700. I've got a NAZA H GPS for my 600.

Thanks guys for all of your input, I am still not sure but it will probably be the ikon or AR7200BX the prices on all 4 are very close so money is no issue here.
I just want to get the best pic of the litter for my 600
anymore input is appreciated
Thanks!

Lee

I have the Ikon on my Warp with one DSMX Sat. The Warp is small enough only to need one sat. The AR7200BX RX with one sat is on my 600. I have thought to swap out my Beastx for another Ikon, but it flies so well, why change a good thing.

Top Bottom