General GYRO WHICH DO YOU RECOMMEND? 3gx, beastx AR7200BX

wolfman76

Hey now don't be haten on a Ford driver! LMAO it just so happens I drive a Ford Expedition but its old like me 1999 lol
I have owened several different Ford 4x4 pickups over the years you know "FORD TUFF" LOL
oh and besides school buses I have pulled many chevy and dodges out of a ditch over the years, its ok Tony LOL

no only thing i ever heard bout a ford is

F found
O on
R road
D dead

i have had several chevy's and couple of fords never left stranded by the chevy's but both fords were always breaking down but hey it just a preference for me i drive mopar now only 2 i have never had problems with oh well to each their own my family has just never had good luck with fords...

back on topic i like the ikon flybarless super easy to setup plus like mentioned before i like the bail out function plus governor

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Even the 3GX has a Gov. But, I can use the Gov on my DX8 if I had to. But, I will more than likely use the one in the gyro when I decide what I want.

canongraphy

Preference list for me ...

Ikon
7200 bx/ beastx
Tarot
Total G

FLYBAR BIRD

3GX ( I sold mine and won't ever go back .. It's fine for starting off. But long run it falls on its face. ) big birds ....I highly suggest making a one time investment and getting what's good!

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

Thanks Gaba I just found this reply and yes the ikon seems to be winning my choice

I have the Ikon on my Warp with one DSMX Sat. The Warp is small enough only to need one sat. The AR7200BX RX with one sat is on my 600. I have thought to swap out my Beastx for another Ikon, but it flies so well, why change a good thing.

Lee so I guess I can leave my AR8000 with sat on it as it is now with the ikon? or is there any reason to change my Rx? If so.. then to which?

no only thing i ever heard bout a ford is

F found
O on
R road
D dead

i have had several chevy's and couple of fords never left stranded by the chevy's but both fords were always breaking down but hey it just a preference for me i drive mopar now only 2 i have never had problems with oh well to each their own my family has just never had good luck with fords...

back on topic i like the ikon flybarless super easy to setup plus like mentioned before i like the bail out function plus governor

LOL wolfman, I wondered how long it would take to hear that! haha but its actually First On Race Day :)
really I don't care what people drive, I just happen to always end up in a ford lol
And thanks, yes the fact I can set the ikon up on the computer is a plus I think, don't have to strain with reading glasses to read the tiny little gyro and or count beeps lol

Thanks!

canongraphy

What makes it tuff to decide is you can take 10 people and have them try them all and still get different opinions, what one person likes another may not.
Personal preferences and so on, makes it really hard to decide unless you yourself actually get to try them all.
Then factor in getting a lemon which can happen too. decisions decisions.

heli-maniac

well thats why i got the IKON coming this week to put on the 550
then i can see what i like better sell the one i dont like and buy the one i do
but for know i know the ar7200bx works

Lee

"Lee so I guess I can leave my AR8000 with sat on it as it is now with the ikon? or is there any reason to change my Rx? If so.. then to which?"

The Ikon has ports for two Sat RXs. You don't need the AR8000 taking up space and weight. Just purchase a second sat and position them on either side of the heli at 90º to each other.

Top Bottom