Servos Good or Bad servos

Heli 66

Yea, they are Push Pull. When i get everything and start putting together i will be asking more questions as i have never had an electric heli either so i will need to know how to connect everything, or is it gonna be pretty much self explainatory. 6s 22.2v 5000mah 40c+, 100a esc w/bec , Rx ????, 3 standard servos, Gyro (don't know yet ) and tail servo did i miss anything ( program card for esc??)

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
3 cyclic servos (identical).... whatever you pick
battery is enough i think
esc is good too .. Tony is better at esc and stuff... he can add his thoughts here..
Gyro... for a bird this size.. highly recommend a good gyro... like the raptor has gy401. buy something like an align gp 780 or 790 or even 750 are great. or other companies like quark gyro.. or futaba gy520. Tail servo should be very good to match the gyro too.. look for a DS650 or Futaba 9254 or 9257. Tail gear is very important and ends up being equal to all three cyclic servo costs plus some in some cases.. lol.. use your best judgement... I havent ever had a problem buying used gyros and servos from people, but its a risk.. if willing to take.. stuff ends being great and cheap :)

Program card.... If you go for an align esc .. I know its programmed without a program card straight from your tx. for companies like castle and ICE or scorpion.. Not so sure.. but when you buy, the specs on website say what is needed. RX... ar6200 (with satellite) atleast.. thats it.. i think ... you have the blades for it? carbon or woodies? got good tail blades?

setup is gonna be almost exactly the same as the nitro bird... minus the engine.. so essentially tony's videos. :)

let us know :)

Tony

Staff member
Get the 100a ESC, but use a GOOD external BEC or UBEC. Just a little added safety just incase your ESC burns out.

Heli 66

Thats what i was geting a little confused on cause wouldnt i need a separate power source for the bec and what would that be and how do i hook it up?

Tony

Staff member
Most ESC's that large will not have a BEC built in. I ran mine off of the regular battery pack, but if your BEC will not handle up to 26vDC then you will have to run a 2s battery about 1500mah or so to power your servos. Just make sure the battery and the BEC can handle the draw of the servos.

Top Bottom