700 Goblin 700 Speed

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
You got to be happy the way your 700 speed been treating you for the price you got it for Smoggie. Seems like a stable, fine tune flying machine you have. I enjoy watching your videos. Makes me want to go to the park every time:waa:.

Heliman450

Show off!

Absolutely great Steve, well done all round. Maybe one day I'll at least be able to build them and get them into the air as fast but I doubt I'll ever fly in the same league :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

very nice heli looking bird smoggie!
just finished a complete 20170513_072547.jpg upgrade from gen 1 , goblin 700 to the full comp, including HPS head
what a nightmare, lol would have been cheaper to buy a new one.

Tony

Staff member
Great looking helicopter! Sucks about the ESC though. Was it one of the Castle Ice ones?

Smoggie

Bummer about the ESC going up in flames, at least it doesnt seem to have burned the rest of the heli. I've gone over mainly to Hobbywing ESC's on my fleet but i still do have a Castle Edge 120HV in one heli and it works fine, never been any trouble.

Tony

Staff member
Yup, those are known to catch on fire. Usually in flight resulting in a crash or a completely burned up helicopter. They had a recall on these a few years back. Castle lost a lot of money because of the poor electronics.

flames started to come out as soon as I throttled up , I heard you guys talk about it before
in fact smoggie and I discussed ESC 's last fall but since I wasn't having any trouble , I didn't change it out. already ordered the hobbywing 130 and the program box
you guys rock ,keep up the good work( Tony , Train rider, and smoggie)

Tony

Staff member
Yea, I need to order the new program box for my hobbywings. I have the 2in1 but it will not do anything to the new ESC's.

Top Bottom