700 GOBLIN 700!! just had to be done

pj1969

Well, first off i know alot of you are going to think i'm mad, but............i've bitten the bullet and gone and bought me a GOBLIN 700 yay!!!!!!!!
I've only been flying a short time and the guys on here have been brilliant getting me up in the air from day one. They have help me with my 1st heli a 450 clone ( which was rubbish by the way) then my ALIGN trex 600 which was my first ever build and with some great help and picture, video's and easy step by step guides, got that beauty up in the air too. the ALIGN 450 pro DFC was my next purchase and has been amazing to fly, apart from monday night when she hit the floor lol. i will try and get a couple of pic or even a video when i pick her up at the weekend. No doubt i'll be asking for all your help on matters as and when they happen.goblin 700.JPG
Isn't she a beauty. :pride:

goblin 700.JPG

pj1969

Thanks dude, when i first saw it i just knew i'd have to get one and yes it is kinda wasted with my ability, but i'm hoping in time i can fly her without messing my self lol

xokia

Nice heli I'd recommend getting a FBL controller with a rescue feature. Then you can fly that thing with a little less fear. I recently crashed my 450 also but it was completly my fault. I was doing rainbows/tic toks way to close to the ground. I was just excited that I was able to do them and just kept pushing. I ended up flinging it right into the dirt. Rescue doesn't work when your 6 inches from the ground :) Anyway the rescue feature has really saved me a ton of money on my helis. Completely worth the price of admission.

Slobberdog

I will fly my 130x without to much of a care, I fly my 450 DFC with care and timidness, if I had a GOBBY 700, I would be spending more time polishing the darn thing than I would flying it...........

Got to admire you courage though......

- - - Updated - - -

Xokia I wish I could invest in the Demon, I think it could bring me on a little quicker with the safety net feature defo.

pj1969

whats a rescue feature, without sounding stupid?? kinda like a peice of string attached to the skids lol (joke by the way). TBH if i wasn't having such a good deal on it, i would of waited at least 12 months before i bought one, but i've always been the same, have to have the best!!! I'll keep my 600 and 450 to get some training and hours flying under my belt. Just wish there ws a club i could join by me where i can learn and chat people even more. I think that i'm obsessed by heli's.

murankar

Staff member
Ikon/brain have bailout on them. Lee has a video where he tested the bailout on the ikon. He was inverted and hit the switch and bam right side up tail in.

pj1969

wow!!! i'm liking the sound of that. I'll have a chat with lee when he's on next and see what he suggests. Thanks for the tip bud

xokia

whats a rescue feature, without sounding stupid??
Not a stupid question. There are only 2 rescue FBL controllers on the market today.Bavarian Demon 3sx and Skookum 720. The other systems are Self Level systems.

My personal opinion is only one of those systems actually works 100% of the time and that's the BD.

What it does is say you lose oreientation and your headed for the ground. You flip a switch on the TX and the FBL controller takes over and levels itself out and applies the correct pitch to get away from the ground. Once you regain orientation you disable rescue and start flying the heli again. In simple terms it helps prevents crashes. But it doesn't come cheap.

But for a 700 size heli and a Goblin at that its a fraction of the total cost of the heli. If you prevent 1 crash you pretty much pay for the added expense very easily. I have one on all of my heli's including a 300x which isnt worth squat. But it has saved me from countless crashes already. So its worth it for me on that heli just for the amount of time its saved me from having to rebuild the dang thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Ikon/brain have bailout on them. Lee has a video where he tested the bailout on the ikon. He was inverted and hit the switch and bam right side up tail in.

Ikon will not move the tail in it will just right itself. The only one that will move tail in that I know of is the skookum.

cn63bug

Sweet bird PJ. I'm hoping to have a Goblin before October.

+1 to xokia about the FBL. On something that big, I would definitely have a Bavarian Demon on it. I have an ikon on my 450 and does great, but it doesn't technically "bailout". It will bring it right side up though. There is some work going on to get bailout on the ikon though. But the demon would be what I would be going for a Goblin ;)

pj1969

I'm running Align ds 610 cyclics and ds620 on the tail. got a sweet turnigy competition outrunner and esc with beastx taking controll of the flybarless system. It's curently on my dinning room table and i'm just gob smacked by it!!! LOVE IT!!!!!

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
I'm running Align ds 610 cyclics and ds620 on the tail. got a sweet turnigy competition outrunner and esc with beastx taking controll of the flybarless system. It's curently on my dinning room table and i'm just gob smacked by it!!! LOVE IT!!!!!

Are the 610 metal gears? Just asking...I also had plastic servo arms on my GOB and stripped them real fast on just practicing rainbows.

pj1969

haha cheers Kev, I've ordered some alloy horn for the servo's. I'm not going to be doing or even attempting 3d, i struggle with hovering lol, no joking apart, going to work my way up to flying it. I only bought it, as i knew i would have one, just had the money spare at the time. I'm going to keep my 450 pro to carry the learning, probably sell the trex 600 as like the gobby, takes alot more gohannas to fly. I'm still in my first 6 months. :(

Top Bottom