700 GOBLIN 700!! just had to be done

Slobberdog

Lol the GOBBY will be far easier to hover than the 450, the 450 is so much more twitchy.

Hey if you have been using the 600 you should not find the step up to the GOBBY that big, lol.

I want the 500 GOBBY,

pj1969

Well guys SHE'S ALL DONE!!!!!!! sorry about the delay in getting her all sorted, but had a few little teething problems. I have taken some pics of the build and as soon as i get chance i will take a video of the maiden flight, which i'm going to be truthful is probably going to scare the **** out of me!!! lol hope you all like her, i'm thinking of nameing her, so any of you have any suggestions, please feel free to let me know. p.s i apologize in advance if any pics are on upside down, i used my iphone and dont know how to correct once on here lol.
The bits i'm running are: ALIGN DS610 cyclic servo's. ALIGN DS620 tail. Turnigy competition outrunner motor. Turnigy 70a ESC. Turnigy rotorstar dual power regulator. Beastx TZ380 FBL unit (better than original i'm told) Spektrum AR62000 receiver. 2x Turnigy 22.2v 5000mah battery's and an ALIGN 7.4 1900mah battery to run the regulator.

Last edited:

pj1969

GUYS HELP!!! everytime i upload pictures, they turn 180 upside down...... how do i stop this??? I'm using MACBOOK and they are on my mac correctly.....

Slobberdog

they do the same for me, off ipad and iphone, i can save them to my pc from either and they will orientate correctly, try using photo edit software and import and save through that then upload,

it might work.

- - - Updated - - -

Well guys SHE'S ALL DONE!!!!!!! sorry about the delay in getting her all sorted, but had a few little teething problems. I have taken some pics of the build and as soon as i get chance i will take a video of the maiden flight, which i'm going to be truthful is probably going to scare the **** out of me!!! lol hope you all like her, i'm thinking of nameing her, so any of you have any suggestions, please feel free to let me know. p.s i apologize in advance if any pics are on upside down, i used my iphone and dont know how to correct once on here lol.
The bits i'm running are: ALIGN DS610 cyclic servo's. ALIGN DS620 tail. Turnigy competition outrunner motor. Turnigy 70a ESC. Turnigy rotorstar dual power regulator. Beastx TZ380 FBL unit (better than original i'm told) Spektrum AR62000 receiver. 2x Turnigy 22.2v 5000mah battery's and an ALIGN 7.4 1900mah battery to run the regulator.

Dude 70 amp esc thats a bit low for a 700 class, I thought you would be running a 120 amp min on that.

pj1969

No mate it doesn't, i just turned them 180 then uploaded them and still came out UP SIDE DOWN lol

I know it's a wee bit small, but i'm only still getting to grips with heli's, i will put a higher capacity one on when i can fly it lol

Last edited:

Lee

I had the same issue with photos from my iPod. Looks perfect on the computer, but always upside down on here.

I agree with Kev. 70A is a very small ESC for this heli. If the motor is the one i think it is, its rated at 90A so you are going to need an ESC larger than that.

Slobberdog

I know it's a wee bit small, but i'm only still getting to grips with heli's, i will put a higher capacity one on when i can fly it lol

dude I am no expert but SAB recommend a 120 amp esc for regular flying, they are big heli's and are throwing big blades around and it takes a bit of grunt to do that,

pj1969

i've been guided by the guy who i bought it off and its what he was runing, just looked and yeah its the 700/480 motor which is 90amp. Wish i'd of known before i got it!!! i doubt they will exchange it now, well they cant as i've fitted bullet connectors.lol Anyone wana buy an ESC????? hahaha

Lee

A 120 YEP or a 120 Hobbywing HV will do the job perfectly. Or for a bit more cash, the Castle Creation Edge.

pj1969

I'll speak with him tomorrow and see what he says, wasn't cheap either this one, but i want the right one on before i take her out :(

Tony

Staff member
As stated, many forums are having the same issue with the pictures and I have no idea why. The only thing I can say is put them into an editor of some kind and save them a bit smaller than original size. This should help get them uploaded correctly. It doesn't happen to me, but I always edit my photos for size and such. Can't wait to see it.

pj1969

will try uploading pics now

- - - Updated - - -

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg41.jpg42.jpg43.jpg46.jpg47.jpg48.jpg.
YAY at last hahha. Now all i got to do is try and get a vid or the maiden flight and upload that!!! talk about hard work lololo

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

41.jpg

42.jpg

43.jpg

46.jpg

47.jpg

48.jpg

Last edited:

pj1969

I used an app called my photo on my Mac and reduced the picture size from 1.5mb down to around 180 kb. Seems to of worked a treat, ok they are all together, but if I would of played around with the size maybe would of fitted page better. No matter we got pics at last lol

pj1969

Well it's been quite a while since I bought the goblin, I did have an issue with her and put her in tail first as we think the tail servo gave up mid fligh, not much damage, only tail blades be fin, so not too expensive, just made me realize she is a lot of money to learn to fly with, so I've not flown her since. Well I have joined a club and one guy there is amazing, knows and helps everybody out and said he would test fly her!!!! Well my heart sank, so took her too the field at the weekend and this is what happend!!!!
We have a few little teething problems to sort out, but she flys lovely. I will be hopefully flying her myself very soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

pvolcko

I thought they guy crashed it! "Well my heart sank..."

:)

Glad it went well.

Fly it. If a tail servo gives out its a high probability even an experienced pilot is going to drive it in. Don't let that incident keep you from flying it. If you're worried about crashing, just don't do anything new or "iffy" with it, keep it simple and in your comfort zone.

Derek

Fly it. If a tail servo gives out its a high probability even an experienced pilot is going to drive it in. Don't let that incident keep you from flying it. If you're worried about crashing, just don't do anything new or "iffy" with it, keep it simple and in your comfort zone.

Well said, Paul! That's probably the best advice! Thumbs up!

Hey PJ....it looked, in the video, that it was flying really well. Just go ahead and spin it up and have some fun with it....inside your comfort zone....then expand on that when you are confident.

EyeStation

It is always fun to see how your equipment 'should' work, and it looked good!
I always enjoyed handing over the TX for my XRay T3 touring car. Watching a real driver put that thing in all the right spots on the corners was inspiring.
I am sure you felt the same way watching your Goblin get some air.

Top Bottom