600 Goblin 630 Build

HeliDinoRC

Senior Rc-Help Member
I think it's the same with all of us.. We are overgrown kids... Freak'n crack heads! As far as batteries go... I've been using pulse and love them... I too have heard good stuff about glaciers... But haven't used them personally... But I will say I like the guys at buddy rc.... Dealt with them on my charger and power supply build... Nice knowledgable guys... But u won't be disappointed w pulse batteries if u go that route.

This is worse than crack!

I bought my iCharger 308 duo form them and they were great to work with! I like their Paraboard V3 as well!

- - - Updated - - -

Glaciers are good bats. I use them and Pulse. Great stuff on both. HEard good on Gens Ace, too. I have a feeling the same factory that produces them produces the Glaciers. Very similar look to the packs, dimensions, etc.

I've tried turnigy too. They aren't bad for basic and sport flying. 3D tends to kick their ass, though. Even the crappy 3D I do. They tend to puff much quicker and are less resilient to an errant overdischarge. Also more sensitive to temperature. If you want to fly in cold, aka <40deg, stick with a quality brand.

It's good to hear from someone who has used Glaciers. I went out on a limb and got them solely from reading reviews, which I don't normally do but the price is right as well.

- - - Updated - - -

I have used only GensAce. I have more cycles on these than I can count. I have not done any hard flights and I charge them at 2c rating. I have over discharged them a few times and left them charged longer than I should. With all that they still fly well but at this point they need replaced due to being just over 2 years old.

I have been looking at Pulse because I hear they are just as good as the gensace and I can order them from helidirect. The prices are about the same between the two brands.

I haven't heard of GensAce....I'll have to give them a look, especially since I am not the best at battery care.

murankar

Staff member
Gens Ace LiPo

This link will take you to the only place that I know that sells these batteries. I left you at the place where you choose your c-rating so have a look.

HeliDinoRC

Senior Rc-Help Member
:beerchug:The Goblin arrived at 4:25pm this afternoon! Sorry for the late post but I live out in the sticks and my connection is very slow if any at all! :hdbng:

FedEx.jpg

The Unveiling:twothumbsup:

[video=youtube_share;2wQy-L9gBPA]http://youtu.be/2wQy-L9gBPA[/video]

Me & My Goblin...My Goblin & Me

Goblin & Me 2.JPG

Goblin & Me.JPG
The Complete Package
:chickendance:

Goblin Arrival.jpg

There it is folks. I can't do the unpackaging tonight, got to much on my plate....

Let the building begin!

FedEx.jpg

Goblin Arrival.jpg

Goblin & Me 2.JPG

Goblin & Me.JPG

Westy

LEGEND
I still Have !!!!!! LOVE THAT GOBLIN!!!!!! Best sound ever! ...... gives me a big puff of pride every time I spool her up!

HeliDinoRC

Senior Rc-Help Member
LOVE the sound!!!!

The beds not big enough for my lady and the Goblin.......I couldn't sleep last night the corners of the box kept digging into my side!

murankar

Staff member
Surprised you didnt kick the wife to the couch to make room, lmao. That would probably be the last thing you'd want to do. I hat how the build project keeps calling me though the time I am not building. Sucks to quit and sucks to stop but from time to time you have to. So wheres the update pics or video. At this point you are going to be pestered HARD until you post a few pics or video. We gotta see the progress, it's one of things here.

HeliDinoRC

Senior Rc-Help Member
lol! I thought about doing that but the consequences are detrimental!!!

I know man! I was actually discussing that with my girlfriend last night. The proof will come; however, I will tell you that my time is limited Mon - Fri as I own my own small business and I have to put in long hours during the week. I will post my plan when I get home tonight.

HeliDinoRC

Senior Rc-Help Member
Well, it's time to get serious. Since this is my first build, I don't want to rush and screw something up, which I sometimes have a tendency to do, I will take my time and make this bird perfect. My plan is to start by reading the instruction manual and make sure I understand the steps involved. I will also be watching Westy's build videos along the way. The first video already gave me some items to look for i.e. zero tolerances on the gears resulting in a tight feel when turning and which bolt to leave out of the spacers/risers when building the transmission section. Thanks Westy!!!

The Operating Table

The Table.JPG

Starting Point

Starting Point.JPG

Starting Point.JPG

The Table.JPG

HeliDinoRC

Senior Rc-Help Member
Thanks, Derek! It will be very rewarding to fly this thing knowing I built it from a box of parts.....a very cool box I might add.

murankar

Staff member
I think my box might make it into the bed for the next 7 nights. Will see how long she can go before she changes her mind, lol.

wolfman76

I think my box might make it into the bed for the next 7 nights. Will see how long she can go before she changes her mind, lol.

Wait till she goes to the bathroom then grab the Box and hold it tight pretend to be asleep. ... lol

Top Bottom