General GIVING UP

trainrider06

Good deal! Glad to hear the good news! How was it? Shaking like a leaf? I know the first time I tried CP heli's it was a brand new Blade SR...got it off the ground promptly pounded it tail first into the pavement! Tore it up pretty good. Fixed it, then got it in the air a total of 2 minutes...pounded it again nose first that time. Bought a sim, limited myself to hover only for a month, while practicing on the sim every day.
Finally it started clicking for me. So don't worry you'll get it just be patient.

Heliman450

Hi Boz, good to see that you're still in the hobby and you haven't visited any intentional destruction upon your helis. They're only dumb machines in need of TLC to get them flying. That's your job and great to hear that Dave's around to help out.

Shame that you experienced some damage. Would you be interested in corresponding some more to learn how to GUARANTEE no damage to your heli (no matter which one)?

I'm sure you are as would be the case for any new starter. I'm working on the final stage of a video to demonstrate what I'm saying. I'm planning to have it ready for its debut by Friday this coming week, sooner if possible.

Get back if you are and we can share it with all RC-Help.com members who might be interested.

boz

Yes that's great, I'm sure there are many beginners like me who are getting very despondent crashing more than flying any constructive help I'm sure will be well received and appreciated by other forum users, keep us posted thanks for looking, boz

Good to hear you have not given up. For me the frustration ended when I changed the Gyro a month or so ago. I was using the 3Gx and every time I went flying I ended up fixing it. It was frustrating because I was able to fly in the sim, I know it is not exactly the same, but I was also able to fly my Walkera V120. I could not figured out why, was it a mechanical set up, Gyro set up, or just me. I went as far as buying the AR7200BX but did not installed it. After the last attempt with the 3Gx and crash I fix the Heli and became paperweight for almost a year even though I had the AR7200BX. I guess you can say I was in denial, I was not convinced it was the Gyro after all a lot people are using it why not me. Then I came across Tony's video on how to set up the AR7200AR and I finally gave in and installed it. Best move ever made I have now around 20 successful flight, not flipping it yet, but I am getting more comfortable at it. I have had a couple of close calls but the fact that I was able to saved it gives me confident in my abilities to fly this "paperweight".
Hang in there, you will figure out what works for you and when you do you will not want to stop flying. Now I cannot wait to get home to fly and on the weekend the fist thing I do is run through both batteries, which I have 5, and sometimes in the afternoon if it is not to windy I fly again. You can see the video I posted in a different thread, hope this link works.

http://www.rc-help.com/showthread.php?14474-AR7200BX-Tail-wagging&p=120204&viewfull=1#post120204

boz

That's a big garden, mind the power lines though, thanks for your advice, it does give me hope for flying in future, thanks again for helping, boz

holtneil

Hi Boz when I started it was with a 250 class big mistake , ever 30 seconds I had to fix it , then I jumped to a 450 and a micro , it was better but the 450 can get away from you about 6 months later , I could take off hover where I wanted and land no crash , then I started to fly around , then I jumpped to the 500 I never looked back the 450s are parked and have been for awhile now , love the 500 its super stable and flys smooth, it makes fly easier , so stick with it it will come and when it does its so enjoyable makes it all worth the hard work , Now I get people say Nice flying you make it look easy is it omg if they knew lol

Heliman450

Hi guys, looks like I won't get the video ready for Friday. However, I've got a pdf of a PowerPoint presentation I knocked together to cover the content.

How can I share it? I don't see it's possible to make an attachment or is it the same as uploading a picture.

Heliman450

boz

Hello all, well went down to the club Tuesday and got another short flight, well 5 inches off the ground but hey it was flying, in still flying the sim as often as I can but am so pleased I gave it another chance. When I go next week I'm hoping I can post some pics for you, the forum on this site is fantastic and I'm so glad to have help at hand, thanks again to you all.( NOT GIVING UP), boz

Tony

Staff member
Hi guys, looks like I won't get the video ready for Friday. However, I've got a pdf of a PowerPoint presentation I knocked together to cover the content.

How can I share it? I don't see it's possible to make an attachment or is it the same as uploading a picture.

Heliman450

Click on go advanced and then click the little paper clip icon to upload it.

Hello all, well went down to the club Tuesday and got another short flight, well 5 inches off the ground but hey it was flying, in still flying the sim as often as I can but am so pleased I gave it another chance. When I go next week I'm hoping I can post some pics for you, the forum on this site is fantastic and I'm so glad to have help at hand, thanks again to you all.( NOT GIVING UP), boz

That is some great news boz!

murankar

Staff member
Congrats guy. With a little RCH you can solve many things. Its nice knowing the members were able to sort things out for you.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Heliman450

Heliman450

Here goes, looked at the "How To" video and pdf looks like a goer.

Please give feedback on the concept for beginners (any abuse will be ignored :facepalm:). If you find it useful as an experienced flyer I'll find that particularly welcome.

Best is to test it out with a simulator first, it should also work no problem with a real heli, PLEASE use the training gear and go very slowly, especially if you're not sure about your Tx skills. Maybe talk to someone for help there before testing it for real. Good luck!

Heliman450

Attachments

• Phoenix Screenshots v3.pdf
    872.9 KB · Views: 26

boz

Hi I've looked at your sim have you uploaded it to phoenix 5 we can then download it direct to our sims, regards boz

Heliman450

Hi Boz, that's a quick response, very impressed :yahoo:! I'm not sure I follow your drift with uploading it. I know it's possible to go online via Phoenix but the settings are in my Tx. and I'm offering them up for others to load them into their own Tx. so that they can understand how to alter settings and practice with other variations to suit their own helis. It seems to me that they work fine up to 600 but after that they need to be changed for helis greater than 700 upwards.

For example, I tried with a Blade 700X and due to its greater size, power etc. the pitch settings were about 2.5 degree less than the 450. It also drifts more when taking off "crying out" for some cyclic input to correct it. That's why I said wait until mastering a smaller sized heli (up to 550 I'd say). If someone already has a 600, as long as they understand what the Tx. is doing then there's no reason to limit yourself only to a 450 to start with. My wife wanted me to buy a larger model as my first and I followed the advice presented to me by the salesman. Give him his due, he saved me spending more Money, but I bought an inferior quality heli as a result which incidently my experienced pilot friends couldn't fly either although they could do all kinds of stunts with their own larger helis.

I know it's possible to join "buddies" online with Phoenix but I have no idea what's involved, maybe I'll explore it and see if there's an advantage to be had from it. I need to spend some time in my workshop with my heli to do its final setup for testing my settings in the field. A bit busy right now to go there.

Bye for now,

Heliman450

boz

Hi again, I thought it was possible to create a model in phoenix 5 and then upload it for others to download, as phoenix has a section for there own models and a section for unofficial models, I'm not 100% sure of that but perhaps one of the other forum users will be able to help you with that, I'm sure I have seen other users aircraft on there, kind regards boz

Heliman450

Hi Boz, as I understand it the unofficial models in Phoenix are those when pilots customise settings for an existing models e.g. adding weight to the standard setting of 0.717kg for a Blade 450X. Any input from others on this appreciated.

I checked out my Phoenix "go online" and could see three others registered in Europe. One needs to create a profile with a picture (Avatar) etc. and then post a message. presumably, then someone accepts the "challenge/invitation" and then you work together. There's also a chat option so again presumably the two can talk together. I set mine up but didn't post an entry as "I don't know them from Adam" as the saying goes. Maybe they're hackers waiting to suck all my secrets from my hard drive or infect my Computer with something nasty. I just recovered my system from an attack despite having an up to date Norton account! Regards, Heliman450

boz

Hi again, I thought it was possible to create a model in phoenix 5 and then upload it for others to download, as phoenix has a section for there own models and a section for unofficial models, I'm not 100% sure of that but perhaps one of the other forum users will be able to help you with that, I'm sure I have seen other users aircraft on there, kind regards boz

- - - Updated - - -

Yes your quite right about the online chat and fly option, but if you look in phoenix build I think you can build your own model and then upload it, as I said I'm not up to speed with that part of it, its a separate programming from the flying part of the sim.
Hopefully there will be someone out there that can help you, regards boz

Heliman450

Hi again Boz, I don't want to do that. I'm always open to learning new stuff, but that can wait for now.

Do you know how to set up your own Tx or are you relying on Dave from the Club?

boz

Just now I'm relying on Dave, he is also setting up the raptor.
I know I should try to set it up myself but as a complete novice I would not have a clue, as soon as I can master the basics I will see what I can do myself.
This way for the moment is the safest way for me, hope someone can figure out if its possible to upload your settings to the sim.
I wonder if it would be an idea to set up a flying site on phoenix through the forum accessed via a password that several pilots could log onto and get instruction via the chat online section of phoenix, anyone got a view on that?, regards boz.

Heliman450

OK Boz, I understand. I'll put together a Basic introduction for you to look at. Discuss it with Dave if you wish or just continue with me here. What Tx do you use?

Heliman

Heliman450

Hi Boz, sounds like a good idea, however, I doubt that's possible.

It is of course possible to coordinate going there as individuals. For example I've set up a Profile as "Heliman450", you could do the same as "Boz" and we can join each other on line. Any other guys interested could do the same and we agree a time to visit such as 20:00 Central European Time (CET). It's currently British Summer Time (BST) with you. That is Greenwich Mean Time plus one hour (GMT +1). CET is plus one hour on BST, so 20:15 here in Switzerland and 19:15 for you. As long as all participants know where we live the world clock in any smart phone application will tell everybody what's the correct meeting time. Simple, just needs the will to do it.

Heliman450

Top Bottom