Projects Gaui X3l Build Log

murankar

Staff member
Is it done? If not you need to pull an all nighter and finish it, lol.

Fly 20 or so flights with the cover and see how you like it. If its a no go after the flights take it off. You will never know how you really like it with it sitting on the bench.

murankar

Staff member
One thing I didn't notice yet. Does the X3L use boom supports when the cover is off or is it not use supports without the cover?

Geena

Staff member
Here is my X3L with boom supports installed. You`ll need the boom support set, and a tail boom support clamp.

20180915_092636.jpg

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Those birds look sweet Geena. Yes I do have the boom support from my X3 but I'm going to go ahead and put the cover on. Like URI mention, I wont know if I like it with the cover on if it's sitting on my work bench. I'm done putting the X3L together but I have no battery for it yet. Can I use my 500 battery to set up the X3L? It's a 6 cell 2650 mAh . All I want to do is get the servos center and make sure everything is going in the right direction especially the motor.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Never mind. I went ahead and use my 500 battery since the X3L is 6 cell too. Time to get the servos center and check to make sure the motor is spinning in the right direction. I should have the heli ready tonight :).

Tony

Staff member
Just an FYI, as long as your BEC will start up, you can use anything from a 2s up to the max voltage your ESC/BEC can handle to setup the servos and gyro. Can't wait to see this puppy in the air, it's looking great. But there is no tail cover in those pictures lol. :D

Geena

Staff member
Just an FYI, as long as your BEC will start up, you can use anything from a 2s up to the max voltage your ESC/BEC can handle to setup the servos and gyro. Can't wait to see this puppy in the air, it's looking great. But there is no tail cover in those pictures lol. :D
You mean I can`t plug a 12s directly into the receiver? Well... I guess I could do it once, huh? :bellyroll::bellyroll::bellyroll::bellyroll:

Tony

Staff member
Yea, ONCE. Then you release the magic smoke which we all know is what makes electronics work. lol.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter

Hey Tony. What do you mean there no tail cover in those pictures? Are you sure, you better look again my friend. I think it's time for you to get glasses LMAO! IMG_3527.JPG Better yet I think the tail cover and the canopy was on :) IMG_3528.JPG Just kidding. Well Ladies and gentlemen and children of all ages... She's done :). All I need to do is wait on my batteries to come in. The battery I have is my 500 and it's to big and heavy. The other battery I have is for my 450 and it's a 3 cell.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Finally out the pants on. Time to go fly.

Yeah buddy! :). I have 6s batteries ordered for the X3L. I was thinking about charging up my 3S batteries for my 450 and using them on the 3XL. I've been using 6S batteries on this motor and it's running coolhttp://www.anythingheli.com/xnova-xts-2618-1580kv-10p-shaft-a-3-5mm-gaui-x3-x3l/ but I'm not sure if the 3S battery with this motor will make my electronics run hot. I do have a HW 60a esc on it. I just don't want my electronics to get hot. Any suggestions?

leedude1

looks really good sir... How do you like those RJX blades by the way. I was considering them for another one of mine but was looking for some honest feedback first.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
looks really good sir... How do you like those RJX blades by the way. I was considering them for another one of mine but was looking for some honest feedback first.
Hey Leedude1. Thanks and I really like them and the price is nice too. I have them on all 3 of my helis. I haven't try them out on the X3L but on my X3, May she rest in peace Lol, they work fine. Once my RJX 362mm blades are no more, I'm going to give the 383mm blades a try on my Gaui X3L since I can swing that size :).

leedude1

Great thanks I'll get a few sets then. I like to play with a few different sets and was on the fence with these.
You input is worth more than a retailers.
Let me know when you get yours in the air.

Top Bottom