700 Gaba's Whiplash 90 E thread!!

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
update:

NOT PILOT ERROR .. Electronic faliure of some sort. Mechanically it was perfectly fine!!!

Crash report .. NO GEARS STRIPPPED! Love these delrin gears Miniature makes.. First thought was that I pulled to much pressure on tail and it just stripped and blew BUT NO.. All GEARS are ok ..

Damage :

Main blades (TORN OFF)
Tail boom slightly bent .. means torque tube is too
Main shaft
Landing struts
Canopy has cracks in it
one front canopy mount is a bit bent. .. carbon fibre is a little damaged there.. but I can do my EPOXY and reenforcing magic and it wil be good as new..

Crashed in ID2 ... By the looks of it and what damaged on a 700 size bird! this is NOTHING!

BUt its something for my wallet! :( and I am so p*****d as I wanna know which god forsaken thing quit in mid air causing this crash. All servos are perfectly fine too ..

Two reasons :

RX pack got too low ..

Motor pulled too much power and ESC quit (shouldnt happen cause my esc is over rated 160 compared to my motor what it can pull PEAK -- 100 )

Latter I can check with the castle logs may be

BUt the former.. The only thing telling me what happened there would be the RX pack voltage itself. May be it went too low somehow.. lets c..

Its sad.. its frsutrating.. But it is what it is! :(

Video: Its long.. I have another short one with better res from my Iphone which my colleague you see in the video helped me make . But this is a long one.. I forgot the camera On ..

http://youtu.be/fb3mUkgTdb0

Last edited:

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I am almost.. at work so cant lol .. but insides are burning with rage... All in all the parts I looked up .. are gonna cost me 75 bucks plus blades. And I will be back up in the air.

worst part: This was my birthday present and the birthday isnt here yet. and this weekend we are going to Arkansas with the and to the family to celebrate birthdays .. lol and this was supposed to be packed up and gifted to me.. I guess I will be fixing this FAST! LHS HERE I COME! :p

Westy

LEGEND
That is a pretty lucky escape really!

what was damaged apart from the Blades?

Main and Feathering Shafts ok?

Tail bent and TT gears?

Derek

I just saw the video on Youtube, Gaba! That sucks! I just about got sick when it went down.

I hope it can be repaired easily.

Lee

Dude!!!!!!!!! That sucks big time. I could hear something just before you crashed. Sounded like it cut out a couple of times before you lost it.
You certainly pushed it for the first battery. I only ever hover around on a maiden for just those situations, and it has saved me a few times from a costly crash
Bad luck mate.I feel for ya :(

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
thats the sucky part. I actually was getting very comfortable with it. IT was very very fun to fly.. So responsive.. So locked in! I was so happy the way it was doing.. I got confident and because I had flown these electronics before on my align and I knew for a fact the mechanical part was ok .. So I decided to go for a little tail down funnel.. I am baffled to be honest. I heard it too. I will upload the Iphone video soon where you can more clearly see and hear.. and yes it did some sounds and I heard that in flight, and I was deciding to give the dang a break right after that circle.. but it took a BREAK itself. lol

Question:

The heli looked like it lost control and then regained it may be shot of power making the tail rotate till then I had hit Throttle hold already .. What could be ? Ideas ?

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
NOT ELECTRONIC FALIURE GUYS!! I Watched the video closely with headphones on and realized I had power till the tail started spinning.. And I thi j as a knee jerk reaction I hit TH.

Illusion that I lost power kicked in after that..

I went back to the bird .. Again no gears stripped. All rotating in sync till I accidentally put hands ok tail and saw that the gear was slipping on its shaft. The gears are held on their shafts with dog point grub screws.

I have all the parts for it now .. Hobby shop carries it here so I was lucky that way.

Got radix 710mm V2 blades

Will be re rebuilding and. Seeing if I had a grub screw not all the way in or something.. Ill update y'all.

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

heli-maniac

dude i just watched the video and got sick seeing that bird just fall out of the air
hope you found the problem it cost way to much to crash that thing

murankar

Staff member
Wow sorry to hear that. I am finally getting to this section after days of not being able to get this far in the heli section.

pvolcko

Getting user removed video too.

That sucks, Gaba. Was looking like a great flight, too. So now you're thinking the gear started slipping, causing tail control loss? Think the screw was loose from the jump or did it just manage to back out some? In building the 550 X pro the set screws were always the trickiest ones to get right. Had to do most of them a few times to make sure it was settled on the flat spot cleanly.

- - - Updated - - -

Fixed.

And yeah second video you can clearly hear the tail whine cut in and out a couple times before it starts spinning. Not sure if you had attempted to get some control back under power it would have ended any better. Would have been a handful.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Getting user removed video too.

That sucks, Gaba. Was looking like a great flight, too. So now you're thinking the gear started slipping, causing tail control loss? Think the screw was loose from the jump or did it just manage to back out some? In building the 550 X pro the set screws were always the trickiest ones to get right. Had to do most of them a few times to make sure it was settled on the flat spot cleanly.

- - - Updated - - -

Fixed.

And yeah second video you can clearly hear the tail whine cut in and out a couple times before it starts spinning. Not sure if you had attempted to get some control back under power it would have ended any better. Would have been a handful.

Ill post detailed pics of what I found..

Still will pull detailed logs off the castle just to Be sure.. Will post those here too

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

Top Bottom