Other frsky makes a radio

Stambo

I saw this in the latest AMA magazine:

Taranis X9D-products

what do you think. I think I want one.

I think I agree with you, Bruce has done a review on RCModelReviews.

rcmodelreviews

It looks pretty positive at this stage.
The biggest advantage for me will be the extra models, I seem to be accumulating so many flying things. :)
I could get more on my 9x by installing ER9X but Taranis has 60, a better and faster processor, better gimbals, better build quality, the list just goes on and on. :)
And it will work with my current frsky receivers. :)
I am really happy with the 9x but this might just be my next step up.

Last edited:

murankar

Staff member
I have an frsky module and receiver. I too have the th9x with er9x so this would be a mice upgrade.

Stambo

It would be interesting to know if anyone here has one yet and if so what they think of it.
I have the frsky module and many receivers for my 9x so it will be a simple upgrade.

Stambo

I just did it, hit the go button on a Taranis radio.
I guess someone here has to be first. :)
It's on backorder but due on 31st August so hopefully in two or three weeks I'll report back with what I think of it.

As soon as I am happy with it the 9x will get sold in a package with my Esky 450.
Hopefully get enough to pay for the Taranis and then some.

Last edited:

murankar

Staff member
Dude video please. I saw some very promising reviews. One thing don't go external on the module, you will lose latency. Anyhow can't wait,;excited.

Stambo

Dude video please. I saw some very promising reviews. One thing don't go external on the module, you will lose latency. Anyhow can't wait,;excited.

You're exited!!!
How do you think I feel. :):):)
They are on backorder but supposed to restock on the 31st.
I just hope I got in early enough to get one.

Lee

I'm liking what i've heard so far about it. If i didn't have the DX8, I'd probably give it a go. Maybe i'll get one as my FPV radio, once i get back on my feet.

WyDiablo

Toys toys tpys lololol but a very nice looking radio and it has 3 position switches from hello and my old DX7 only has one 3 position switch. So how much does this pretty thing cost Stambo?

Stambo

It will cost me $212.00 US shipped.
Probably would have saved a little by going HK but they could not tell me a restock date and Banggood has it as Aug 31. :)

Edit
Aug 31 is mode 1.
Mode 2 is expected on Sep 4.

Last edited:

Stambo

The one I ordered is mode 2 so no conversion required.
Now I just have to wait, and wait, and wait....... :):)

Last edited:
I know one of the guys at my club has one now.
He is wrapped with it, and has been playing with it a fair bit. Flies his SU34 with top gun music in the background.
I'm sure he had it set up to give him speed warnings as he comes into land.
I've been happy with the frsky stuff, and i'd probably consider getting my hands on this at some point down the track.

- - - Updated - - -

I know one of the guys at my club has one now.
He is wrapped with it, and has been playing with it a fair bit. Flies his SU34 with top gun music in the background.
I'm sure he had it set up to give him speed warnings as he comes into land.
I've been happy with the frsky stuff, and i'd probably consider getting my hands on this at some point down the track.

Stambo

I'm still waiting for mine.
I back ordered it but the restock date keeps getting put back every time I look.

I think the guy at my field has some connection with HK... not sure how he got it so quick though.
But It does look like an awesome radio

Stambo

Yay, Banggood has just changed the status to processing.
I may see my Taranis some time in the next 3 or 4 weeks.

Stambo

Nice little message from Banggood. :(:(

"We think you have been waiting to long for this item and we have apology. We have cancel your order and refund your money."

Now I don't know whether to reorder there or get it somewhere else.
Nobody seems to have it in stock or have any idea when it will be.

Banggood restock date is just a hope and guess scenario so that people will order it.

I REALLY want one now.

Top Bottom