Misc From the Ground Up

Took her out again at lunch and ran through 3 batteries just playing around to see just how
dialed in the defaults were.
Between the quick acceleration up and fast decent down I could not get it to oscillate at all.
I had one instance where I did have some prop wash but it was short lived.
Rapid forward and backward movements were very smooth in my opinion.
Now then this was all on the lowest flight mode the CC3D has and for the most part
all moves in any direction seemed to be very responsive.
Curious to see what happens in the other modes :)
I am not nearly ready for flips yet however.
Now to strap the recording cam on her and see how it looks in the drivers seat.
I read several posts about the motors I am running and that most of them run
a 4S config on them. T-Motor 2206/2000
The 3S does good because like I said I was not out for a speed demon but wanted to have fun.
If in fact the motors will maintain under the 4S load I may purchase one just to see what happens.
I was using a 1300, 1500 and a 1550 and under light/normal maneuvers I got
up to 6 minutes run time on the 3S batteries.
I have an 1800 that I tested with last night and the rig did not seem to mind the weight at all.
I may also just for giggles grab a 2200 and stick on there to see flight times.
I know performance will not increase much but I would be curious to see end results.

Stambo

What props are you running?
That setup on 3s would happily run 6045 if you can fit them, I would at least be running 5040 on it.
The 2200 will probably reduce agility a bit due to the extra weight but may give you slightly longer flight times.
I generally run 1800 on mine and get as little as 4 mins flying aggressively or as much as 8 taking it slow.

Tony

Staff member
As stated, that was a great first flight! Much better than mine which was shaking quite horribly. Keep the videos coming!

Top Bottom