Misc From the Ground Up

Look what came to work today....
uploadfromtaptalk1430502521009.jpg

Now for the Esc's which should be here Monday, Tuesday latest.
Only disappointing thing is I thought the pins came soldered
on the CC3D because it asked what style pins you wanted on the board....oh well
Morning coffee and take my time.
Those little guys are going to task my old eyes LOL

uploadfromtaptalk1430502521009.jpg

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
29.5mm? Where are you measuring to and from? Quad looks good though! still want one hahahahaha.

I was messing around trying to figure out where I'm going to run the electrical. I have spacers coming with the Esc's so I'm going to try to get all power and esc's on the very bottom plate where they will be the safest from any major crashes. Once I get them I'm sure I will move everything around 20 times before I decide. Want this one to be as clean as possible.
Going to try PPM on the CC3D but I'm finding hints of things saying with the one shots I may have to wire the receiver differently.
Worse case I tear the ar8000 off of the 250 and put the PPM receiver on the KK2 board.

Well have to do a slight re-design....
The 20amp ESC's are a bit on the fat side.
I was going to place them in between the two bottom plates however
the total distance with arms and spacers is only 10mm.
The ESC's are a hair over 11mm. The BECs are the fat part of them....
So I am going to ditch the vibration dampeners (I was not fond of them anyways more on that in a sec)
and place 12mm standoffs in their place. Then place the ESC's on the top of the bottom section.
I am also going to use 5 mm standoffs on the arms removing the arm spacers to reduce the 2mm i just added so it won't
look "All Jacked Up" (I may not ditch the spacers but will see what it looks like beforehand.)
The original plans called out for the use of 5mm standoffs on the arms so I suppose I may go back to that idea.
Now for the rubber dampeners....they really are not all that stable in light of a crash.
I "barely" tightened one up the other day and pulled the rubber off of the stud....with very little effort...
I could see all of then getting shaved off if I have a normal crash, at least with the 12mm standoffs (plastic)
I do not see shearing all of them off at the same time in one normal crash which gives me some comfort in knowing
that I am not necessarily going to rip the wires out of things.
Then I will stick all of the soldered wires in between the 2 bottom plates.
Man when I got into my 1st Ready to Fly setup I had no idea I was about to get this deep...LOL
But I am having fun with it.

Well she is very close. All soldering is done. Esc's are in place. PCB ready. Now just need to make the final stand off adjustments turn some screws mount the props load the cc3d...then hopefully fly.
Already created a model on the DX8..now if work would let me be for a weekend I would be done....we have been swamped with new projects in turn causing late nights and Saturday work....[emoji53] and yes the wife too....[emoji15]

Well while waiting on a working CC3D board here are some more pics. All I need is the board and she will be eligible for a crash course in clayton. Lol
uploadfromtaptalk1432608939428.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1432608985501.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1432609025548.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1432609052949.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1432608939428.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1432608985501.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1432609025548.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1432609052949.jpg

Well got the CC3D in today and went to work.
Again tried the PPM setup with a different PPM receiver yet still had some issues.
So I hooked up the 7 channel Lemon RX and configured her in PWM mode.
Not one issue to speak of.
I will tackle this PPM thing at a later date for me to have 2 boards having PPM issues
even if it is a clone would be rare so it must be a setting some where or the ESC's
along with the CC3D are just not happy.

Here is a short video showing my 1st flight.
I felt for using the default settings during the wizard the flight
was not so bad at all in fact I feel they are pretty decent.
By default I mean I did not select any of the cloud configs during setup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C7raF_4Rrg

Top Bottom