Micro FMA co-pilot II

JEXFIRE

just wondering if anyone out there has used the co-pilot 2 flight stabilization system on any of their heli's. things i've found online look promising and i wanted some personal opinions before i spend more money trying to learn to fly this darn blade SR. any help would be appreciated.

Tony

Staff member
I have never tried it as I want to actually control the heli. These helis are hard to fly, but you have to stick with it. If you have not done it yet, click on articles at the top of the forum and check out my how to fly writeup. Should help you out.

Rc-Help Member

I Love This Site!
I tried to put a Flymentor on a Blade SR and it was too heavy. You will have to get 500 class in order to even out the weight odds.

Lee

I agree with Tony. If you take things steady and stick to the lessons you shouldn't need it. They are great for stabilizing a heli for Ariel Photography, but to learn i think you are missing something out, and will in the long run hold you back.

JEXFIRE

cool cool appreciate it. just tired of breaking stuff. got a dx6i so im trying to learn the transmitter and the helicopter at the same time. will watch your vids again and stick to it. just alot to absorb at once

Tony

Staff member
Unfortunately, I do not have videos on the how to fly series just yet. I should start working on them this week, but it may take a couple weeks to get them all the way done. You can do this bro, it just takes time, and taking your time to learn each step. If you need any help, you just let me know and I will do what I can.

Rc-Help Member

I Love This Site!
I have only been in RC Helicopters for about 8 months now. I has taken me 8 months just to get the feel of getting off the ground and doing some "fly it out and then back it up" flying. If you have A DX6 then you can get a cable for it that will allow you to use a Simulator on a PC for about $10. The simulator will help with getting used to the stick reactions and orientation, I prefer clearview. Clearview is free but limited on the number of models you can load, If you buy it for $40 then you can load a bunch of models to practice with.

I bought a Blade SR the first time also so I know where you are at. It was too much for me to learn on and not very stable. I bought a ESky Honey Bee V2 and it really helped me get off the ground. I still use it to practice orientation. The Blade SR, I can get it off the ground now with out tearing it up but it is still really hard for me to control because of it's size.

Some people can pick a Heli up and fly it when they get home. That ok, one day I will be able to "Flip My Bird" and do some of the things that these guys do on youtube.

My favorite part of it all is the building. I have always been a tinkerer, so I get great pleasure in building something that will actually fly, Specially when I know Helicopters aint spose to fly anyways.

Good luck and We are here to share our experiences with you, you'll get there if you stick with it, it just takes time

JEXFIRE

Ill definitely check out that sim. the hobby has kinda takin a back burner recently due to trying to save for a house and a new girlfriend. but the RC bug bit me when i was a kid and its still here 15 yrs later. the encouragement and help is absolutely appreciated guys. ill stay in touch, happy flying fella

Tony

Staff member
Yup, every now and then life will get in the way. Hope your girl is one that lets you love this hobby lol.

Top Bottom