Other FlySky FS-TH9X

Westy

LEGEND
start with my set of vids .... all is very very clearly explained and diagrammed

Let me know how you go!

murankar

Staff member
Right now I have each wire soldiered in place for the tx. They are soldiered in place on db9. Next is to soldier onto the circuit board..

Tony

Staff member
Hey URI, can you hop over to the beginner heli section and see what you think about a new member (KICK ONCE, or something like that) and see if you have seen his issues before with the Turnigy Tx?

murankar

Staff member
Thank you!
Here is my flash mod. I used a 9pin dsub and soldiered the wires in number order to the connector.

Once I get the flashing unit I will figure out how it needs soldiered. I hope the wires are in number order on the stock connector.

ForumRunner_20130224_210042.png

ForumRunner_20130224_210119.png

ForumRunner_20130224_210138.png

ForumRunner_20130224_210042.png

ForumRunner_20130224_210119.png

ForumRunner_20130224_210138.png

murankar

Staff member
Well I got my usbasp board today. I have connected the correct wires on both the tax and from the usbasp board. When I plug in the USB card my radio turns on.

I also have the libusb installed and eepe installed. I try and read the memory and nothing. I also tried companion9x and same thing. I will get some out messages tomorrow. Need to sleep.

Westy

LEGEND
Well I got my usbasp board today. I have connected the correct wires on both the tax and from the usbasp board. When I plug in the USB card my radio turns on.

I also have the libusb installed and eepe installed. I try and read the memory and nothing. I also tried companion9x and same thing. I will get some out messages tomorrow. Need to sleep.

yes .... you cannot READ the original 9x firmware with Epee or Companion ......

only with AVR8 ... as per in my channel Videos.

here is my Tutorial on the 9x wiki page (well I compiled it and showed my way lol)

How to flash your 9x - 9X Guides

to back up your firmware, you need to go to this page and look into the AV8r tutorials on my channel.

http://9xforums.com/wiki/index.php/Flashing_your_9x#What_hardware_or_mods_are_required_to_flash.3F

here are my AV8r tutorials..... actually if you had seen the playlist above ... they are there.

Last edited:

Westy

LEGEND
That was my thought .... when I first did mine about 18 months ago.

You will also get a fright when you do your first firmware flash and get a constant BEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPP with Error on the screen ..... This will especially happen when you go back to the original firmware, as you need both the Epprom and Flash Files to get her to work again ....

I have done it many many times.... I have all the original files here and they are also on the 9xforums.com site. You are in safe hands there.... I used to help a heap of people on that site, since I got rid of my 9x Tx I have not had much to do with the forum or site content additions. I still have access to the admin editing capability on the wiki pages for 9x as it is a community effort.

Top Bottom